Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-07-2008, 12:23 AM   #31
damonna1115
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: The rudest comments from my FAMILY!

I'm sorry you have to deal with that. It sounds like my family. They can be pretty rude sometimes too. And they feel obligated too. Like it's their right.
I was repremanded by my aunt once for attempting to nurse in front of her husband and was told I had to hide in a nasty looking room with a mattress on the floor with a hole in it. And that was the only place to sit. And as she was showing me the way to the room, she decided to stop and tell me that my son was way too old to breastfeed anyhow. He was 18 months old at the time. When that came out of her mouth was when I had had enough and I stopped and told her,
I'm sorry, but I didn't say anything when you didn't want me nursing in your living room or in front of your husband. I respect you enough and I understand this is your home, not mine. But this is my child and my body and I am going to nurse him for as long him and I both want to. And you are not going to be able to say anything that will stop me.
I conviently left out the fact that I was still nursing my (just turned) 4 year old though.
My boys always loved to stand and bounce and move all over the place when nursing. I have a fun pic for ya. lol.
This was when my now 3 year old was younger. He was nursing and climbing on the computer desk at the same time. Then fell asleep like that.

Advertisement

Mommy to 4 boys with 5th on the way.
damonna1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:39 AM   #32
mtate
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The rudest comments from my FAMILY!

oh mama so sorry that your family is a bunch of idiots... for severe medical reasons for both I as an infant and my birth mother, I was FF too. My step mom (who has a son only 1 yr older than my DD, yeah wierd, huh?) BFed my "brother" until he was at least 2. For some weird reason my body decided to stop producing enough milk for my DD at about 9 months but my step mom was always VERY supportive of me... people gave her weird looks and rude comments as well about my brother, but my mom is like the rudest person I know and always had something "mean" to say in retort LOL she doesnt really take anyone's crap...
i wouldn't let what your fam says to heart and just know whatever you feel in your heart is best for your LO IS what is best for her- no matter what anyone else thinks- YOU are HER mother... period...
just the same!

mtate is offline   Reply With Quote