Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2008, 12:19 PM   #1
pottymomma
Registered Users
seller

Would this be a good idea? Is there something better to use?

I am going to be doing ec with the baby I am expecting this fall. I have cloth diapered my 2 boys but never practiced ec. I want something that is easy to get on and off the baby but that will hopefully prevent us from having pee everywhere all the time. (I'm thinking more in the beginning right now and then we'll go from there...)
I was looking at some used stacinator fleece covers and wondered about sewing a strip of absorbancy into the center of a cover and then using it just to pull up and down for pottying the baby. The cover I'm thinking of has two snaps on either side and I'm thinking of sewing a trifolded infant or premie prefold or an xs hemp/fleece pocket insert as the absorbant strip for backup when we have misses.

Does this make sense? Is there something similar (not extremely expensive) that would be mostly waterproof and a little absorbant that pulls up and down that I could purchase?

Advertisement

http://pottymomma.blogspot.com
pottymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 06:06 PM   #2
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

Re: Would this be a good idea? Is there something better to use?

Not sure. We use pf's and a BSWW. Haven't had problems. She is 7 months old now. Has been able to hold it until I get her to her little potty from the get-go!
mommypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:11 AM   #3
jhf
Registered Users
seller

Seems like it would work. I just used regular pocket diapers - they came off plenty quick enough for us.
jhf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:19 PM   #4
atomicfrock
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhf View Post
I just used regular pocket diapers - they came off plenty quick enough for us.

I was unsure about what to use (and a bit nervous) when planning to EC from birth, too. We used FuzziBunz but I found that by 1 and 2 wks old DD was expecting me to take her to the potty (and holding it!). They can definintely hold their poop longer than pee and I think nighttime is easiest. We had our first 100% dry day (24+hrs) last week at only 2 months old! We would definitley have more 100% days but I get distracted. If you're a planner (like me)... plan on trying to catch one or two of those first few pees/meconium-poop and don't worry so much about which cloth dipe to use. You are a superstar mama for sure! Enjoy that new baby!

My sites: www.MRSAsupportgroup.org AND www.SalvationHealth.com
atomicfrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:34 PM   #5
atomicfrock
Registered Users
seller

Oh... something they you may find helpful...

We use "doublers" instead of the full size inserts. Since DS hardly wets anyway, there's no use in having all the bulk. Makes for a very nice trim cloth dipe. I'm also intereted in hearing any other supertrim but waterproof ideas from anyone!

My sites: www.MRSAsupportgroup.org AND www.SalvationHealth.com
atomicfrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:26 PM   #6
pottymomma
Registered Users
seller

Thanks! I have a ton of fuzzi bunz because I'm in love with them and hoarded the old style when I found out they were changing. LOL

http://pottymomma.blogspot.com
pottymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 05:54 AM   #7
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I havent ECd especially a newborn but I dont think that I would want anything that pulled up/down especially with the poop.

IMO you would be better off to use diapers or you could go with the EcaPants. That way they are easy to get off if you have a poo miss. If you use the Stac covers and you have a poo miss it will get all over the wool/fleece.

http://www.ecawarebaby.com/