Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2006, 10:44 AM   #1
BambooMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What % of transactions do you ACTUALLY get fb for?

I sold a bunch of stuff a month ago or so, and actually gave a mama some stuff FFS that was perfectly sellable, but she had an 'in need' mama and I wanted to do my part to encourage CDing... well I've made sure I gave fb to them, but they'd sent me nothing back!! I honestly just want to make sure they're happy with everything.

So I looked at my fb # and it's only like 45!!! I've bought/sold/traded at least 70+ items on here!!! WTF?!?!? Now I know I'm not the best at remembering to leave fb... I tend to get the item, and be so busy trying it on, etc.. that I forget to leave fb (some of you know this, b/c I JUST sent some FB for you after 3 weeks, yikes!!!). But if someone sends me FB, I ALWAYS (at least I think ) send them some back, b/c I just don't delete the FB PM until I do!

argghh.... The thing that bugs me the most is I went out of my way to ship all those mamas their dipes either the same day or the very next day if it was a night transaction!! sniff sniff.. I just wanted a little recognition for trying so hard to be a good seller...

anyone had this issue? I don't really want to harass them, b/c then they might leave bad feedback like, "seller is obsessive over leaving feedback, etc".

Advertisement

Old 09-22-2006, 10:59 AM   #2
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What % of transactions do you ACTUALLY get fb for?

I am 8 for 8... maybe I'm just lucky.

I do try hard to communicate to my partner that I want to leave them good feedback and that I hope they do the same for me. I try to time it so that I leave fb the day I receive my package in good order. I also pm them and tell them I got it, am happy and have left feedback. So far everyone has left me fb following that.

When I sell, I prefer to wait until they have received the item. Usually they will pm me and tell me they got it, but if I see on the DC that it was received and have not received anything from them within a couple of days, I'll just pm them and make sure they are happy. So far my buyers have responded in the affirmative and then I leave them feedback.

I don't think it matters who leaves fb first on DS because the mods are good about patrolling iTrader to make sure people play fair. I do my best to be fair and above board so I have nothing to fear. I also try hard to be up front in all my policies and shipping plans so even slight snafus are usually no big deal because the communication is still good.

Basically, I refuse to be a fb hound/nag. Timing is everything. If you do it right when the item is received, most people are more than willing to just put it in right away. I know I am.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:14 AM   #3
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

i've probably had a few transactions where someone didn't leave feedback, but probably 90-95% of the time i've gotten fb.

i do pretty much what the PP said - let them know i've left feedback (and actually the way DS is set up now they get an automated message saying they've gotten feedback).

if you're really concerned about it, i would just send the person(s) a pm saying that you're trying to build up your feedback and asking if they wouldn't mind leave fb for your transaction (perhaps reminding them what they bought from you).
Old 09-22-2006, 11:30 AM   #4
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

exactly as pp said, just send them a pm and remind them to leave you fb, i do this and people also pm me when i forget, i tried the wait til i hear from them after they receive the item and i actually got confused and ended up losing my pms due to too many and cleaning out my box, but i went through pp to see who i wed and went from there. mamas shouldnt be bothered at all if they receive a pm requesting a fb to be given, fb is what most of us base our buying from~good feedback~ so just PM everyone that owes you
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:35 AM   #5
BambooMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I totally agree with the timing thing. I tend to do the same thing when I sell. I leave them FB (which sends them a PM), when I know they've recieved it if I haven't heard anything. The problem was 5 of the mamas don't use DS very often, so maybe when they finally did login again, they just didn't want to bother leaving me FB. I just don't want to be a nag about it and be constantly PMing them.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:56 AM   #6
BambooMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok. It's not AS bad as I'd thought. I looked at the Fb I've left others and it's somewhere around 58, while the Fb I've gotten is 45 (and a couple of those I just recently left, so those are ok). But still, that's sort of a big difference IMO. I try to be a good seller by stripping dipes/shipping right away/taking good pics and being honest, and I've NEVER sold anything stained. And when I buy I pay immediately after I agree to buy, haven't ever asked anyone to hold a dipe for me, etc. I just figure what goes around comes around, but it doesn't seem to be working that way on the FB front!
Old 09-22-2006, 12:06 PM   #7
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

you do not need to send multiple pms asking and asking, just one will do
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:08 PM   #8
BambooMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well I've already sent one to each, since leaving FB for them sends them a pm. do you think I really should do one in addition to the FB PM?
Old 09-22-2006, 12:16 PM   #9
Ontariomama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

MY feedback is like 4..... I've been on DS since day one. My FSOT fb isn't so much a worry, but I can't seem to get FB on my store to save my life! LOL

Hoping that it's not because my stuff sucks....
Old 10-06-2006, 01:14 PM   #10
heidisue
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have only had 3 transactions (all buys) here, but I've only gotten 1 feedback left... I left feedback as soon as I got the items - I just figured it was a common thing not to get feedback back.
heidisue is offline   Reply With Quote