Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2006, 09:06 PM   #11
ObsessedShopper
Banned
seller

Re: Help! Lost Package & No Delivery Confirmation? WWYD?

Thank you. The Momma & I both were just hoping someone would have some idea for us on this subject. Not to offend anyone.

I hope it shows soon!

Advertisement

ObsessedShopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:25 PM   #12
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I definately say give it some more time. I have heard of Priority taking up to 4 weeks so it definately needs more time. Other than that if you are SURE the mama shipped I would say If it doesn't arrive around the 40 Day mark have her refund Half since you didn't request and pay for insurance and she didn't pay for DC you are equally at fault for the loss KWIM? It is a stinky situation (((HUGS)))
Old 09-22-2006, 10:37 PM   #13
Quiverfillin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had this happen to me a month ago. So, no advice, but I'm watching this thread. And putting DC on EVERYTHING now!
Old 09-22-2006, 10:54 PM   #14
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

It really hasnt been that long - so it could still show up, but in the event it doesnt she needs to refund you. DC# is a MUST!
Old 09-22-2006, 11:15 PM   #15
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

I would say based on how you feel (as far as I can tell from this thread) wait till the 9th of Oct if then you do not recieve your item/items I would say that it would be appropriate to ask for a refund of half since you feel she is being honest. But that is my opinion I guess I am just too nice sometimes!

If she did not get a dc I hope that this will be a lession. IMO anything over 15 gets a dc. most time until really recentley I have printed labels at home but since I need ink I am going to the po to get it but ALWAYS get a dc it is very very important! Paypal will need it to prove item was delieverd if there is ever a dispute! Now granted if the PO does not scan the DC then that is no help.

Good Luck I hope you get this resolved.
BTW parcel post is taking longer then normal I have noticed but they say it can take up to 21 days!
Old 09-22-2006, 11:54 PM   #16
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedShopper
The momma knows I posted here, infact I showed her what I was sending through beforehand. It wasnt meant to be rude by any means at all. It was to help us figure out what to do and what you all would suggest, not to bash her or anything like that.
my bad... sometimes I just worry so much about this forum and how it sometimes hurts people feelings!
Old 09-23-2006, 03:49 AM   #17
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

I agree about giving it some more time. I don't agree about refunding only half of your money though. You are entitled to a full refund if she cannot even prove she mailed it. I'm sorry but if we accept half of a refund from "lost" packages then that would open the door to scammers to never send packages and just refund half. Meanwhile they are still running off with someone's money. You did your part by sending payment and she needs to do her part by mailing with dc. Paypal requires dc as prove of shipment.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 09:16 AM   #18
ObsessedShopper
Banned
seller

Mail came early still nothing.

I'm going to give it a few more days. Hopefully the Momma gets it back or I get it soon.

It sucks it was something for my mother and she wanted it for a certain time frame and now it's not here and shes leaving bright and early tomorrow AM.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:21 AM   #19
Knittress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay... I mailed a package to someone on 9/4. It showed up on 9/21. Yes... 17 days later and this person is within driving distance of me. I'd give it a bit more time. Hopefully it will show soon. Important reminder for all, ALWAYS GET DELIVERY CONFIRMATION... and insurance if it's more money than you can afford to lose.

As for the all good feedback... there have been mamas on DS whose feedback has been spotless and then "bam." If the item never shows, leave feedback, file with pp or get a partial refund from the mama, and move on. Maybe not a negative... maybe just a neutral. But make a note. A lot of people ran into trouble at one point with a few certain people because *no* one was leaving correct fb.

Not saying that this mama is out to get people or anything. But ya know...
Knittress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:57 AM   #20
ObsessedShopper
Banned
seller

I spoke to our new mail person today- he's been with the usps for 15 years I think he said. He told me that it should have been here by now that our mail has been running on schedule (not saying that the mommas town is) but he suggests that if there is no tracking to contact the momma for a refund (he's cool, he does ebay and was talking to me because I had packages to give him) he said he would file with paypal or ask the momma for a refund and if or when it shows then pay her back. Does anyone agree with this?

After 60 days you can file a lost package form but that basically doesn't do too much if its not insured etc.

Anyone have anything to say on this?

Everyone can have bad issues with a purchase, I have had a couple in the last few years, it's frustrating but mostly because people never send what they are supposed to. This momma PMd me and said that for all she knows I could have the items and just want my money back but she doesnt think that... The same thing could be flipped and said that I think she never mailed them or it was returned to her, it's always a possibility either way I understand but I just want the items more so than the money but at this point I really want something to show for my almost $50 dollars. DH and My mother are both VERY unhappy with me right now (It was meant as a purchase for my mother and DH hates me buying/selling online lol)