Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-01-2008, 04:57 PM   #1
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Little annoyed

As most of you know I am one who didnt want to BF in public. For the fear of what ppl thought. Well I am getting a lot better and have done it a few times. I havent had any issues with ppl until yesterday. I was at a baby shower for some really close friends. There was a girl there who I went to school with and also my sister did. Kota really didnt want to use the bottle, I pumped last night in hopes that she would but she wouldnt. So when it was just me my friend and this girl I went to school with along the kids, I breastfeed Kota. The one girl I went to school with HATED it. She said to me "Um you have to do that when you have a bottle right there?" I told her yes since she wouldnt take the bottle she already did 1 time that day and just wouldnt anymore. Also my boobs were getting engorged big time and hurt. My friend had no issues with it, anyway this girl rolled her eyes and went into the playroom with the kids. She wouldnt come out until I was done. Then before she left she says to me "You really need to learn not to do that with other ppl around because some ppl dont want to see that nor do they feel comfortable around it"
I was really ticked off so was my friend. I didnt comment but my friend did. She told her it was her house if she didnt like she could have left before and also it was natural. I was covered up, if anyone saw anything it was my friend but she didnt mind. I was just really upset because I was finally getting comfortable with it and someone had to say something like that and do that.

Advertisement

Old 06-01-2008, 05:06 PM   #2
adamkell
Registered Users
seller

Re: Little annoyed

It's such a shame that some ppl get all weirded out about BF. So sorry she was like that towards you!
adamkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
onejadedlyric
Registered Users

My Mood:

She probably has her own issues with BFing that have absolutely nothing to do with you. She came off very defensive... sorry you had to go through that but I am glad that your friend put her in her place. If she was uncomfortable all she had to do was leave & never make such rude comments to you So unneccessary...

Truly Blessed!!! Proud mom of DS (5/21/2006) & DD (3/17/2008)
Happily married to my amazing DH & BFF since 4/19/2003
onejadedlyric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:27 PM   #4
MRL2611
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

{{{}}} Some people aren't educated enough to understand. I walk around a lot (in church, stores ,etc) when Dakota latched on. If people don't like it- don't look I say. The girl could have left or just turn the other way.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:31 PM   #5
odentonmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

SS you had to deal with her issues. Kudos to your friend for standing up for you.
Help Keep Dr. Jack Newman's Breastfeeding Clinic open, click here for info & to donate.
odentonmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:04 PM   #6
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I kept bfing her, and I am not going to let her stop me. I am finally getting comfy with it in public thanks to you ladies. It just upset me big time that she said something.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:47 PM   #7
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Those type of people make me sick. Mama you are giving your lo the most wonderful gift and if people don't like it than they can just leave...and stay gone! Seriously, I would have had some words for that girl.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:04 PM   #8
abbi77
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm sorry-I was so happy for you when I read your 1st post about NIP. Don't let her get to you, that was ignorance talking, and you did the right thing. (((hugs)))
Old 06-01-2008, 07:04 PM   #9
xkellyx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know if it will make you feel any better, but when I bf my lo at my in-laws my father in law runs out of the room. Like, RUNS out of the room. I just remind myself what I am doing is perfectly natural- No one winces at a dog or cat feeding their young...
Old 06-01-2008, 07:37 PM   #10
mtchen79
Registered Users
seller

You did a great job at keeping your cool and taking care of your LO. That's awesome that your friend stuck up for you and had no issues with it. Just remember what a wonderful mom you are
Mom to DD1 02/07, DD2 03/09 and #3 in 01/12
mtchen79 is offline   Reply With Quote