Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-01-2008, 07:50 PM   #11
cupcakewright
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Little annoyed

I don't know what I might have said but I do know I would have kept nursing, just like you did, way to go!

Advice is free and so don't pay anything for hers. Just let it roll off of you and move on!

You are doing a wonderful thing, great job!

{{{HUGS}}}

Advertisement

Old 06-01-2008, 08:31 PM   #12
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies so much! Nice to have support. My friend doesnt BF herself but she did stick up for me which was nice!

Sorry about your FIL hun, does he make comments or just leave the room?
Old 06-02-2008, 03:28 PM   #13
blue_eyed_peas
Registered Users
Formerly: mom23punkins

My Mood:

Don't let it get to you! You are doing a great job! I had a hard time feeding in public in the beginning too, mainly cause i didn't want anyone to see my fat stretch mark belly, but if they don't like it they can leave. I'm glad your friend stood up for you.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:48 PM   #14
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I talked to my friend the other day. The girl who had issues with it, told her mom. She is dating my friends DH father, anyway she seems to think its ok to make comments. She informed my friend it was "inappropriate" for me to BF her in front of everyone. I should have gone to the bathroom to do if I just HAD to. My friends DH is my DH best friend he told her since he was there at the end of me BF that he didnt even know what I was doing, couldnt see a thing and if anyone had issues that they had to get a life also it was his house not hers.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #15
debmom2boyz
Registered Users
Formerly: n***_n_b**
seller
seller

My Mood:

on those people!

I'm sure my mother would say...You are still feeding that kid, so the topic doesn't come up (I live in Orlando....they live near Buffalo).

for you! Keep feeding her when she is hungry!
debmom2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:32 PM   #16
ashersmomoo
Registered Users
seller

I'm so sorry mama! That's aweful! I am a major supporter of breastfeeding in public and nursed my son until he was 22 months old. With my second baby though, I HAVE to bottle feed. He can only have thickened milk. I pump, so it's still breastmilk but I get horrible looks and comments everywhere I go. Some people will have a problem with whatever you do. You just have to do what's right for your baby, and that's what you did. Good job mama. You know what your baby needs.
DW to my BFF and DH! In SAHM heaven to my 3 perfect boys: Asher (9/2/05) , Oliver (2/24/08) , and Gabriel (3/30/12) Novice urban farmer, trying to feed my family on 1/3 acre! http://wildcardgardenbug.blogspot.com/
ashersmomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 09:05 PM   #17
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies. It just annoys me big time. I didnt BF with my first but I was all for it even it was in public or not. My mom is all for it in public she did it and has no issue with it at all nor does my sister. Thank heaven since I am heading to my moms tomorrow and they will be there!
Old 06-07-2008, 11:36 PM   #18
DivineNature
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She sounds random and rude.
You haven't joined SWAGBUCKS yet? JOIN NOW & earn prizes!
DivineNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:07 AM   #19
skyericsson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

so sorry you had to deal with that but good for you for standing up for your baby. And HUH! I have a sling, but I don't really COVER completly, umm it's hot now and my DS does not need to be more hot. Anyway I'm saying woman should cover or NOT cover if they don't want to for nursing. But no one should make those comments to you. how dare she! If she does not want to see then she can not look or put a blanket over her head. Oh don't get me started, it's awful you had to deal with this.

BTW DD CLW at 4yrs old and I nursed her IN PUBLIC until at least 2.5-3yyrsold!
DS is EBF now and he is 9.5mths
cosleeping, conservative yet extra crispycrunchy wife to my loving DH and sahm of our gorgeous princess sophia9/03 and cutie pie prince sven 8/07 and our beautiful sweet rainbow preemie born at 30 weeks Sång (pronounced "song")
skyericsson is offline   Reply With Quote