Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2006, 07:32 PM   #21
EmmalinesMom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Does pet hairs on your diaper bother you?

I haven't had that come up yet. I don't *think* it would bother me, as I'd wash it first, but I would really like to know beforehand if there were pets that might be shedding on the diapers.

Advertisement

Old 09-22-2006, 08:04 PM   #22
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Twenty hairs would bother me. Did the dog roll on the diaper? LOL. That's a lot of hair.

Good point about making sure an allergy is mentioned. Thank you for the heads up.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:17 PM   #23
Bare Bottom Gear
Cruelty is a tyrant that's always attended with fear
Formerly: SAHMTo2
seller

My Mood:

If your allergic you always ask because you are used to asking. When we sell we expect a person with an allergy to ask first before buying.

And, lint rollers are great for doing a once over before mailing an item out. I lint roll because I don't want ANY KIND of hair on my FS (or things I buy) things. LOL

We all have hair in many places and it's bound to end up on stuff whether you know it or not (item itself, packaging etc). Whether you have a pet or not...............get a lint roller. LOL

Check out my other FSOT items, I've got diapers, yarn and fiber for sale!!
Bare Bottom Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:17 PM   #24
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

It doesn't bother me if its just a few hairs that could have been overlooked, but if its a bunch it does. I received some dipes that were covered in dog hair, out of 5 dipes 2-3 had 5-10 hairs and the others had like 30-50 on them . I was totally grossed out. A stray hair is one thing but come on, you have to at least look at them before you send them. I totally know how you feel.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:26 PM   #25
serena22304
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

it kind of bugs me, but i wash all the dipes before my kids wear them, so its not *that big of a deal.
i have 2 cats and although they dont go near the diapers, there are random hairs that make it on their stuff, so i just take a lint brush and run it over the diaper or clothing before i sell it.
serena22304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:57 PM   #26
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't think it would bother me. I have inside pets (dogs and cats) and occasionally I'm sure a hair or 2 has ended up on something I've sold. My pets don't normally go near the diapers or the sewing table, but sometimes they sneak in there. 20 hairs is quite a bit. I use a lint roller too if I'm that self-conscious about something I'm sending out. I'm more careful with the darker colored items that might have white hairs on them of some sort.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:12 PM   #27
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It wouldn't really bother me if there was pet hair on it, those things are easy to overlook. However, if it was matted with hair and was something that was obvious at first glance it would be a whole other story. Not because its pet hair, but just because its sloppy. I would be bothered if there was anything all over the diaper that someone could have taken care of before they sent it. I mean, I wouldn't send a diaper out that had been sitting outside and was covered in dirt, or a diaper that DS spilled juice on or something.

Smoke is a whole other story. It can't be seen, and usually the smoker won't notice it, but it would bother me a LOT. Smoke is gross and so hard to get out.

However, everyone does make a good point about noting that you have pets and/or smoke. I recently listed items and didn't note that I had cats. That was my first time listing anything and I definitely won't make that mistake again.
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:50 PM   #28
mom2hancj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't had any problems with dipes coming with pet hair but smoke I had one this week and it is yucky.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:15 AM   #29
a_cthelen
My cat's breath smells like cat food
seller

I have two cats and the go nowhere near DS's dipes or clothing. That said, I'm sure that some fluffy hair floats around and may get on his stuff, but I always check 20 some times to make sure that items I'm selling are clean and free of hair or other yuckies.

Wool for Sale: http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?u=6698
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 09:56 AM   #30
davechan2003
Registered Users
seller

We also have a jack like a pp, so it's common to find a few stray white hairs on anything in this house. The dog doesn't go near the baby stuff, unless it's on the baby ). But when I sell something, I always go over it and make sure there are no hairs, I don't appreciate getting dirty or hairy fluffy mail, and don't want anyone else to. Of course, I may miss a few, but I make an effort to ensure everything is clean and hair/lint free.