Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2008, 10:00 PM   #11
sherbetarchitect
Registered
seller

Re: June WW's

Jumping up and down here on Planet Vegas at finding this thread!

I saw weight loss and healthy living and thought, "I should go in there and post and try to find other diaper swappin ww doin mamas...", and here you are.

Yay!

I started WW last Jan (07) and lost 25 lbs (started at 305!!) - I quit when I found out I was prego. I started back at 5 months pp. I had lost a total of 50 lbs (all my prego weight plus 30!) but had gained back 13 (second time starting ww - 268). I am back down to 253 as of last weeks weigh-in.

I've been bouncing around and find myself slipping up more this time around and then still losing weight (i use all my np,wps and aps too!) which kind of messes with my head but I am in this till forever and beyond(goal is 162!)

sorry for rambling! hey to all!

Advertisement

Old 06-05-2008, 09:46 AM   #12
eco-baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm joining ww this week - 210 lbs and 5'2, yup I need the help! So I'll check in after my first meeting
Old 06-06-2008, 03:59 PM   #13
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

I didn't officially join since I do it on my own, but I started WW this past Monday. I did it last year but once I got to 138 pounds, I quit. My ultimate goal is 130 pounds. I'm around 144 right now.

The first 3 days were really hard for me. I was obsessing over food. Even if I was full, if I had any points left for the day I would obsess over how to use them. Yesterday and today have been much, much easier and I feel great.

How do you guys handle activity points and weekly allowance points? Do you use them? I know some people don't count their activity points at all. I do and I try to use them all, too. When I work out, I work out hard (often earning 5-7 activity points) so I am naturally a bit more hungry on those days. OTOH, I try not to use my weekly allowance points at all. I don't beat myself up if I do, and if I have a special night out planned I definitely save the weekly allowance points for that so I can enjoy myself, but more often than not I'll end my week with 30 weekly allowance points left.

I am also breastfeeding but I only added 3 points for breastfeeding since I only nurse my 3 year old once or twice a week and I nurse my 20 month old just twice a day. I should probably add 1 more point if the formula is 2 points per nursing session, but I'm not really worried about my supply. (In reality, I am planning to wean both my boys in a few months to prepare for an upcoming breast surgery.)

I cannot believe you breastfeeding mamas have a hard time eating all your points! Maybe it was because I tandem nursed but when I did WW last year and breastfed two kids all day long, I swear there were nights when I could gnaw my dh's arm off lying in bed.

ETA: Also, I drink nothing but water. I love food so much that I don't want to waste my points on a drink! Once or twice a week I splurge on a Crystal Light drink but I try to avoid artificial sweeteners.

Last edited by Psychomom; 06-06-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Psychomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:01 AM   #14
g&a
Registered Users

My Mood:

can i join the thread??

I joined ww online 3 weeks ago and have lost 7 lbs so far. I haven't changed a lot but am thinking more about what I eat. I'm bfing and have trouble using up all those points. I find that if I eat at regular spaced intervals throughout the day I do a lot better. If I miss a snack or meal I overeat big time at the next one. It's hard to have a regular schedule with 2 little ones to run around after.

I'm quite enjoying the book "does this clutter make my butt look fat?" It's about the problem of excess in all parts of our lives. My favourite tip from that book is to really look at your bad days. Look at the times you made bad choices and figure out why you did that. I find I make a lot of choices based on "I deserve it" or "I shouldn't have to deprive myself" rather than "am I hungry?".

So there you have it. I'm looking for tips and tricks from the WW veterans, and someone to commiserate with.

I should say I started at 165 (lots of baby weight) and am down to 158. My ultimate goal is 130. My short term goal is under 145. That's what I was at before the last baby.

g.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:40 AM   #15
mrsallen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer View Post

How do you guys handle activity points and weekly allowance points? Do you use them? I know some people don't count their activity points at all. I do and I try to use them all, too. When I work out, I work out hard (often earning 5-7 activity points) so I am naturally a bit more hungry on those days. OTOH, I try not to use my weekly allowance points at all. I don't beat myself up if I do, and if I have a special night out planned I definitely save the weekly allowance points for that so I can enjoy myself, but more often than not I'll end my week with 30 weekly allowance points left.
I use every point coming my way with the Wendie plan... if you look through old posts you'll find a link....
& 1 DD Hayden (4)
mrsallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:42 AM   #16
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsallen View Post
I use every point coming my way with the Wendie plan... if you look through old posts you'll find a link....
I did that, actually, and read up on the Wendie plan last night. It sounds very interesting! I am really leaning towards that.....

Today started Week 2 for me and my weight loss was......0 pounds!!!! I was on my period from Wednesday-Sunday so I knew I would be bloated and I really tried to talk myself up so that I wouldn't be disappointed if I didn't lose any weight, but I am still disappointed. I worked so hard last week. I'm going to stick with my usual plan for this week and if I don't lose this week (which I should, I really think last week was due to my period) then I will try the Wendie plan.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:40 PM   #17
OnlyWomanInTheHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: chasingprisms
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer View Post
ETA: Also, I drink nothing but water. I love food so much that I don't want to waste my points on a drink! Once or twice a week I splurge on a Crystal Light drink but I try to avoid artificial sweeteners.
ITA! I get too hungry when I drink my calories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g&a View Post
I'm quite enjoying the book "does this clutter make my butt look fat?" It's about the problem of excess in all parts of our lives. My favourite tip from that book is to really look at your bad days. Look at the times you made bad choices and figure out why you did that. I find I make a lot of choices based on "I deserve it" or "I shouldn't have to deprive myself" rather than "am I hungry?".
I'll have to pick this up!

I weigh in tomorrow. I ate over my points for the week again, but have still lost. I tracked my overages tho!

OnlyWomanInTheHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:33 AM   #18
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

no change this week.. i majorly overate over the weekend!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:49 AM   #19
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

Ooh, I want to join you guys I'm restarting WW today on my own. I was on ww before I got pregnant with my last and loved it, I was down to my goal weight and was wearing size 6 jeans Now I'm 3 weeks pp and back in my size 12s but I know it works so I am excited to get back into it
My stats on day one: current weight-148.6 lbs goal weight-128lbs. Sara
myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:58 PM   #20
OnlyWomanInTheHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: chasingprisms
seller

My Mood:

Highest ever (not pg): 190 lbs
WW start: 173 lbs
Short term goal is 10%: 156 lbs
Long term Goal is: 130 lbs
Week 1: 171 lbs
Week 2: 171 lbs
Total lost: 2 lbs

Didn't lose, but didn't gain. Can't complain about that!!

OnlyWomanInTheHouse is offline   Reply With Quote