Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2008, 07:51 PM   #1
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Why do my boobs hurt so bad?

DS is 6 months old. He is also starting solids and learning to sit up by himself. So he is not as interested in nursing. He also has been sleeping through the night so I am waking up really engorged ! Well today both breasts are super SUPER sore right under/near my arm pits. What gives and how can I fix it? Is it a clogged duct? Also I am a little nauseaus (sp) is that related?

Advertisement

Old 06-02-2008, 08:14 PM   #2
jenncatsmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why do my boobs hurt so bad?

Could you be pregnant?
5% off at My HyenaCart with code: DS Momma
jenncatsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:16 PM   #3
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It is possible.... Will be back in 10 minutes Crap
Old 06-02-2008, 08:29 PM   #4
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not pregnant.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:44 PM   #5
jaceraden
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It could be that you've got some plugging happening from being engorged OR it could just be that you're engorged that far up into your armpits. Do they feel lumpy or harder than everywhere else? Can you pinpoint exactly where they hurt? Hmmm. It's tough cuz you treat plain old ouchy engorgement different than plugged ducts. So, I guess just try to bear with it and just express enough to get a little relief if it doesn't seem like you've got duct issues. But, if it seems like ducts, Warm shower and massage in the shower will help.

Mama. Sometimes BFing can be soooo painful!
jaceraden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:57 PM   #6
I_am_Blessed
Registered Users
Formerly: Beth's_Mommy
seller
seller

I have been engorged a couple of times, and once, I was nauseous along with having the hard, sore places on my chest. I just kept warm rags on them and tried to nurse dd from both sides in one feeding (a little from each side) to relieve some of the milk.

Also to add... it recently began hurting when dd would eat. I didn't feel full, but it hurt like crazy when she was nursing. I took a preg. test, and it was neg. Two weeks later, things were just as bad, so I took another, and I had a BFP.

Mama to 3, soon-to-be-4

I_am_Blessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:03 AM   #7
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Re: Why do my boobs hurt so bad?

Jaceraden,
If you could draw a line directly from the bottom of my armpit straight across towards my nipple, that is where it is so sore. On both sides of my breasts. It diesn't feel lumpy or hard either? I tried (sounds odd) but almost "hanging" over him so that his chin was in the direction of where it hurts and it helped a little but not alot!

You ladies are great, I am kind of vearing off of the initial topic BUT, he doesn't seem to be as interested in nursing now that he is sitting up and eating more solids? He isn't trying to wean is he? He is only 6 months!
Old 06-03-2008, 07:05 AM   #8
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Also Jaceraden....sending you lots of

Old 06-03-2008, 03:09 PM   #9
lulusmom
Keepin' it Crunchy!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarag View Post
Jaceraden,
If you could draw a line directly from the bottom of my armpit straight across towards my nipple, that is where it is so sore. On both sides of my breasts. It diesn't feel lumpy or hard either? I tried (sounds odd) but almost "hanging" over him so that his chin was in the direction of where it hurts and it helped a little but not alot!

You ladies are great, I am kind of vearing off of the initial topic BUT, he doesn't seem to be as interested in nursing now that he is sitting up and eating more solids? He isn't trying to wean is he? He is only 6 months!
Perhaps you are feeding him too much solid food. At six months dd wasn't getting any yet, and at 8 months she was only getting a few spoonfuls to taste every other day. If you want to continue nursing solids are for experimenting only and should not replace breastmilk. Solids are new and taste different and of course he will be very interested in trying new things, but keep offering the breast. Six month olds do not self wean.

Helen-Natural birthing, extended bf'ing, cosleeping, non-vaxxin' mama to Holly Lu 8/18/07
lulusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:50 PM   #10
OnlyWomanInTheHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: chasingprisms
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
It is possible.... Will be back in 10 minutes Crap
Quote:
Not pregnant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth's_Mommy View Post
Also to add... it recently began hurting when dd would eat. I didn't feel full, but it hurt like crazy when she was nursing. I took a preg. test, and it was neg. Two weeks later, things were just as bad, so I took another, and I had a BFP.
This happened to me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulusmom View Post
If you want to continue nursing solids are for experimenting only and should not replace breastmilk. Solids are new and taste different and of course he will be very interested in trying new things, but keep offering the breast. Six month olds do not self wean.
I second this.

OnlyWomanInTheHouse is offline   Reply With Quote