Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2008, 09:01 PM   #1
BabyMarksMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
new here

I just wanted to pop in and say howdy. I'm Elizabeth, Mark's mom. He's our Christmas miracle. He was born on Christmas day and has been with us and in our care since he was 2 hours old. We found out exactly a week before he was due that we were chosen to be his parents. So we jumped in the car and headed out of state for Christmas (he was going to be induced on Christmas day evening - at 41 weeks, but decided to show up that morning instead). We had to stay a month due to ICPC stuff, and have been home 4 months. We're totally in love with the little guy and it's amazing to watch him grow every day. We have a great relationship with the birthparents via website and email, and they are as thankful that we came into their life as we are that they into ours. It's always felt right to all of us, and we're very fortunate in that. We'll probably adopt a sister for Mark at some point, but right now we're very blessed with our family situation.

I stay at home with Mark and own my own website businesses. One is adoption related ( Worth The Wait Boutique) and one is baby related ( Baby Sweet Pea). They are fun and allow me to be his primary caregiver. We'll use the proceeds from the businesses to go toward finishing paying off these loans (it's expensive to stay in a hotel for a month!) and starting to save up for his sister.

Anyway, I wanted to stop in and say howdy!

Advertisement

BabyMarksMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:57 PM   #2
mom2jpd
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: new here

Hi Elizabeth~

I am Diana. We used to live in the Houston area, but we live in Illinois now. I am mom to 3, including a daughter whom we adopted from China in Oct 2006. WELCOME!

Mom 2 Jake, Parker, & Dori
My Graphic Design Biz: Custom Blog Designs
mom2jpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:03 PM   #3
Kinrice01
Registered Users
seller

Welcome and congrats on your baby boy!
Kindra: wife to Chris since 6/01 , Stay at Home, AP, homeschooling Mama to: Seth 11/01, Elissa 10/03 , Noah 9/05 , Emma 5/09 , Luke 4/13 ,stepmom to a U.S.Marine Stephen 10/92 , foster mama to siblings I 12/08, J 12/09, and J 4/14
Kinrice01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:27 AM   #4
kaoh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Welcome and congrats! Wow, a whole month. We are looking at an out of state adoption right now, and there is no way my DH can be out of state for a month. Our current plan is that if this happens we will all go, but if he has to go back, I stay behind with the baby (and my boys - ack!) Anyway, congrats!
Old 06-08-2008, 08:29 PM   #5
BabyMarksMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoh View Post
Welcome and congrats! Wow, a whole month. We are looking at an out of state adoption right now, and there is no way my DH can be out of state for a month. Our current plan is that if this happens we will all go, but if he has to go back, I stay behind with the baby (and my boys - ack!) Anyway, congrats!

that's what happened - DH came home and the little guy and I stayed in the hotel by ourselves for about 2 weeks.
BabyMarksMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:35 AM   #6
mom23girls
Registered Users

My Mood:

Welcome - I remember that feeling! I also remember paying off the loans.
I'm Amanda and I'm mom to two adopted girls, placed at birth and one bio child who is a miracle (since I wasn't suppose to get pregnant!).

Best of luck - I'm so glad that your wait was short!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:26 AM   #7
mom2kdmb
Registered Users
seller

Welcome!
mom2kdmb is offline   Reply With Quote