Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2008, 10:31 PM   #21
wanting3more
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WTH I can't believe what she put in here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastsurreal View Post
haha...last weekend I went diaper happy without really paying too much attention to what i was getting...i just needed to buy!!! so i went on ebay, and bought 6 AIOs for like $35...i seriously didn't think id win the auction...im kind of pissed that i did, because now that i look at these they look pretty crappy ugh lol. oh well. I know better now!
I remember you posting about that before.

When I wanted to get started CDing, but I knew nothing about it, I spent about 11.00 on 12 pairs of gerber plastic pants Later, I bought two AWESOME covers from blurberrybuzz, then a pocket that the insert was too big for and that was sized wrong, and then an AI2 that either wasn't sewn correctly, or that just fit DS wrong, BC, when DS wore it, the aplix rubbed his belly and it almost made him bleed.

Advertisement

wanting3more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:21 PM   #22
this_mel_rocks
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofwildones4 View Post
I bought my first 2 CD off of e-bay a couple months ago. They washed fine the fist few couple of times and now on the 3rd time it ripped completly. I thought hey, while its open I am going to see what is inside. Well she had put that there was hemp and terry cloth. Well I didn't see either. I seen to scraps of the outer cloth print and vinyl. WTH Vinyl? And they werent even all the same length. Just like scraps. I paid alot of money for vinyl. LOL I guess I got bitten. Thats why from now on I am going to stick with buying from here. I have gotten 3 from here and was soo jealous when I received them. One, AmyWa, I think is her screen name, even tied it up with a matching ribbon and put a sucker on top. I thought that was the sweetest thing! So, anyone else have a funny/odd story about some CD they have recvd?
Shannon
so sorry mama. I've been there.
this_mel_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:28 PM   #23
Bee Green Naturals
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Yeah I have two 'unworthy' AIO's from a EBay seller who actually sold quite a bit before I purchased and had good reviews. I went with her due to her being near me but decided later on that wasn't a good decision.
They are cute, but super thin, leave marks too easily and just aren't good at all for over 1/2 hour.

I've wondered how her reviews were so good but figure people post them before trying the diaper out. Cause these just aren't up to par for the $ spent on them.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:20 AM   #24
infantrywife_101
Registered Users

My Mood:

I wonder if we have all dealt with the same mama? I bought 4 AIO's, a wet bag, and a wipe bag. 1 AIO had what appeared to be a bleach spot, 1 AIO, wet bag, and wipe bag were not the print that I ordered. So I sent them back at my cost and she did replace them. BUT the whole transaction took well over 2 months and the quality was aweful. Good thing I only bought them for the cuteness factor cause I don't even use AIO's. But the first time I washed them 2 of the insides practically fell apart and when I received the wetbag/wipe bags there were instructions to hand wash only......and yeah its so vinyl in the inside. I left HONEST neg feedback and she reciprocated with neg fb and was rude/nasty/lies!!!

BTW if it is the same mama I'm talking about she no longer sells on Ebay. She is selling elsewhere under a different name though......

Earn FREE paypal, gift cards, and MUCH more with Swagbucks
infantrywife_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:30 AM   #25
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Same thing happened to me when I bought off of ebay, except it was doublers. I don't buy from there anymore.
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:44 AM   #26
mother_04_07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
I got lucky my first eBay diaper purchase was three one size little lambs AI2's they were brand new and were really well made and fit lovely. Pity the original maker of them went out of business what a mess that was.
Yep our 1st ebay CD buy was 22 one size little lambs AI2's they were brand new and were really well made and fit lovely.... i loved them then i bought some Used FBs .....

DH was not so sold on the only one insert snap in idea .... he told me if i sold them he would buy me what ever new package deal of CDS i wanted.... 34 new FBs

I have gotten 2 WAHM off ebay that were just nasty .... i am not super picky about stains...but when there are crusty stuff still in the diaper
6/02 ~ 7/02~ 12/03 9/04 Born @ 38.0w LifeFlight/NICU/IA defect Surgery #1@3days old,#2 2/06, #3 11/09,#4 6/10,#5 8/10
7/2007born emergency c-section @39.0wIn STOCK Mama Cloth & PAST WORK
mother_04_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:46 AM   #27
hippydippymama
Registered Users
seller

I wonder why all these shoddy diaper makers are flocking to Ebay? I feel so bad for cloth newbies who don't know where else to look and wind up getting stuck with that kind of crap, since that's all there is to choose from now that used dipes are not allowed. My very first dipes were from Ebay...I don't know who made them, they were not name brands, just a bunch of used WAHM fitteds, but for a poor mama like myself who didn't know jack about cloth, they were great!
hippydippymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:14 AM   #28
Phiasmom0
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

(((hugs)))

Mine was inserts for heavy wetters I was so excited to find them. They were so cute (like it matters) and they were the perfect width unlike the loopydo's So I get them and they are slightly thinner then a piece of paper. I think maybe they plump when you prep them. After 10 cycles and no plumping I try them out. yeah waste of money.

My one from fost was when I first started and I bought a BB OS cover every time I used it wet would go right through. It no longer had water proofing to it. I didn't know that at first oh well live and learn.

Kate a CDing addict ,wife to
Tony , & mom to Phia IHV list ISO - ISO Get $10 for signing up at Hits4Pay, $5 when you sign up for Ebates also tryMr.Rebates Be careful of your thoughts, they may become words at any moment.

Phiasmom0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:18 AM   #29
Kririee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just got 2 off Ebay...only wanted one but paypal sent the payment twice so instead of giving me the extra back of course she asked if she could just send an extra dipe. Cute print (I picked it) but you can tell that the inside is two folded in half MF towels from Sams club and the velcro isnt the kind that should be on dipes its hard and scratchy. They work ok but not ones I reach for. If you can imagine a huge over night pad with a piece of cloth in the shape of a diper over it thats what I got. no body to it except where the MF towels are. Take FOREVER to dry as well.

OPEN NOW!!!!!
Kririee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:05 AM   #30
daddyn4wisechix
Registered Users
Formerly: daddyn3wisechix
seller
seller

My Mood:

I bought some eBay dipes that I discovered were lined w/ a vinyl SHOWER CURTAIN LINER !!! I filed a PP dispute & won, AND the mama got thrown off of eBay because she ended up scamming lots of people out of money . She was in Desert Hot Springs, CA... can't remember the user ID right yet. I know her name was Dawn. She was also busted for setting up eBay accounts under aliases... GRR!!!