Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-03-2008, 03:33 PM   #21
All4Ella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mamas, please help me figure out what to do

The more you nurse, the more you will make, the longer they will be satisfied.

Advertisement

**PATENT PENDING DESIGN!**
All4Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #22
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

it could just be the rice, plain and simple. why not stop it altogether, including the homemade? try another grain, maybe?
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:37 PM   #23
owensmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Ella View Post
The more you nurse, the more you will make, the longer they will be satisfied.
Yeah, I know but I would rather do that slowly vs cold turkey. Last night was brutal!!! Maybe offer 4 oz bottle of formula in the morning & 3 oz in the evening for 2-3 days, then 2 oz in the am & pm for 2 days, then only pm for 2 days then ebf. Does that sound reasonable/sane/sleep friendly?
Old 06-03-2008, 03:38 PM   #24
owensmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydn'smommy View Post
it could just be the rice, plain and simple. why not stop it altogether, including the homemade? try another grain, maybe?
Or should I try something else entirely? If not formula, maybe pureed corn or broccoli or squash?
Old 06-03-2008, 03:41 PM   #25
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i'd say try the banana or avocado again. eliminate the rice though.
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
Old 06-03-2008, 03:46 PM   #26
owensmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydn'smommy View Post
i'd say try the banana or avocado again. eliminate the rice though.
Earlier a mama asked if i thinned my food mashes or just served them straight, should i thin them w breast milk or water or is it okay to just give straight banana? i feel so dumb, my DS was so easy, he ate everything mashed, straight up w no probs.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #27
topazdodge
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by owensmommy View Post
Or should I try something else entirely? If not formula, maybe pureed corn or broccoli or squash?
I would wait on corn until they are older if they are already having problems with food allergies. Corn is a pretty common allergen, as strawberries are as well. I would pull the rice and try some homemade oatmeal instead, maybe that will work? And too, this has got to be difficult, and for breastfeeding your twins!

Free Crochet Longies Instructions Here

Last edited by topazdodge; 06-03-2008 at 03:56 PM.
topazdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #28
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i always thinned mine with lots of bm at first, primarily b/c he seemed to want everything to taste like mom milk, and the thickness of the mashed food seemed to annoy him. once he got used to the taste of the food, he progressed on his own to more solid and less milky. hth.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:37 PM   #29
owensmommy
Registered Users
seller

Okay mamas, we just did it! No rice cereal tonight, we did 2 cubes of avocado w 1 oz boob milk for each of them - it sounded like Wheel of Fortune in here, they LOVED it! These poor girls have to be so sick of bland rice cereal. Wish us luck!

Thanks so much to everyone who offered advice/suggestions, I truly appreciate it. I am so glad to have found DS, the mamas here are so friendly & helpful - that means more than you guys know.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:48 PM   #30
langyork
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

when they won't tolerate anything it is so exasperating!* My son won't eat, and my dd goes back to ebf whenever she feels like it.* I know that dd is getting all she needs bf though, so that is best for them.* Keep up your supply!* Get plenty of rest.* I don't know how to control the eating though.*