Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2006, 12:49 PM   #21
MommaRalph
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone bought wool off of ebay??

I just got my first pair of longies (besides homemade) on Thursday from Kozy Designs on eBay! They did take a long time (IMO) to get here and I'm in Canada so they must come from China. They are gorgeous and soooo soft but WAY too big so I felted them a little. They actually didn't shrink very quickly at all with alternating hot and cold baths and the dryer! I think they're almost small enough now though. Haven't tried them on DD so don't know how they'll work but I'll probably just use them in the day anyway cuz they're sooooo adorable! Mine are the orange-ish color with bees and dragonfly. Very well made. My DD is 8 months, 14 pounds and about 24 inches - Miss Petite. Chunky thighs but short legs and small waist. We use her longies over infant IPFs. May try to get a pic on here later.

Pics:
Before felting:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ph/Pics096.jpg
DD is BIG longies:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ph/Pics099.jpg
After felting (pic is smaller too but maybe you get the idea):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...h/Pics141b.jpg

Advertisement

My new blog! www.mommaralph.blogspot.com

Last edited by MommaRalph; 09-23-2006 at 01:18 PM.
MommaRalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 02:18 PM   #22
Christinemomof2
Registered Users

Your baby girl is adorable! Can you tell me, did you buy mediums or larges and how big is your dd?

I want to get a pair for my daughter. She is almost 13 months and about 23lbs and 31 inches tall. I was thinking about getting larges but if they run big maybe I should just get mediums. I have been eyeing them for a couple of months.
Christinemomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 04:46 PM   #23
MommaRalph
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinemomof2
Your baby girl is adorable! Can you tell me, did you buy mediums or larges and how big is your dd?

I want to get a pair for my daughter. She is almost 13 months and about 23lbs and 31 inches tall. I was thinking about getting larges but if they run big maybe I should just get mediums. I have been eyeing them for a couple of months.
Thanks! I bought mediums and my daughter is petite - 14 lbs, about 24 or 25 inches tall. Chubby thighs but small waist and short.

I would probably suggest mediums for your DD.

AND BTW I don't advise felting/shrinking these. I tried again today and they do not look as nice as before and the bee stitching tightened up too much. Still nice but not as nice. I just need smething for her to wear now - I couldn't wait!

Old 09-23-2006, 07:32 PM   #24
Christinemomof2
Registered Users

Hmmm what to do what to do...I would hate to buy them and her to hardly get any wear out of them. I do have a 2yr old as well. Maybe I will get large and if they swim on my little one my older daugter can wear them as pants (she doesn't wear diapers anymore). :lol

Hey I'm in Canada too! Vancouver Island.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:33 PM   #25
Christinemomof2
Registered Users

I meant to add was the inseam as described? I jsut measured my daughter and she has a 10 inch inseam which is what the mediums measure. I was hoping for a bit big so she would have room to grow and I could just cuff them.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:59 PM   #26
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaRalph
Thanks! I bought mediums and my daughter is petite - 14 lbs, about 24 or 25 inches tall. Chubby thighs but small waist and short.

I would probably suggest mediums for your DD.

AND BTW I don't advise felting/shrinking these. I tried again today and they do not look as nice as before and the bee stitching tightened up too much. Still nice but not as nice. I just need smething for her to wear now - I couldn't wait!
CRAP! My son isn't much bigger than your daughter and I have 2 pairs of M Kozy's coming! Oh well... guess we will just have to see how they fit when they come! I have a small pair coming from Rachels custom order. I wish I would have ordered more than one pair because it's been a month and she still doesn't have them to ship to me. If I do another order, winter will be over!

But, yes, they're VERY nice, super soft and well made and very reasonably priced. But the measurements are off
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:01 PM   #27
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinemomof2
I meant to add was the inseam as described? I jsut measured my daughter and she has a 10 inch inseam which is what the mediums measure. I was hoping for a bit big so she would have room to grow and I could just cuff them.
You could probably get smalls with an inseam of 10" If the mediums were that big on the PP daughter, you would need a small for sure!
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:42 PM   #28
pingumel

hey, if the mediums don't work for you, let me know
Old 09-23-2006, 11:58 PM   #29
MommaRalph
Registered Users
seller

My DD's inseam is 7 inches so medium being 10 inches might be right but much too long for us! Cuffing mine wouldn't work because they have that nice bee design...

Christine, I've heard Vancouver Island is beautiful although I've never been - I'm in Alberta. From the other Coast of Canada though! You're very fortunate to have a 2 year old who is not in diapers - my 3 year old is just getting out of them fairly recently!

Old 09-24-2006, 12:50 PM   #30
Christinemomof2
Registered Users

HUh? NO WAY could my dd fit in a small. She is 13 months and almost 24lbs.

My 2 yr old is almost 2 1/2 and she has only been out of diapers about a month. Just in the past couple of weeks have I been brave enough to actually leave the house without one! lol

Vancouver Island IS beautiful. My husband however just started working up north in Ft St John so we may end up selling our home and moving there in the spring. Kinda feeling anxious about that.

Ugh I'm so indecisive! I don't want to get the longies and have them be small. The mediums measures say the waist goes to 16.5 and stratches to 18. My dd has a waist of 18. I'm going large I think and will get stripes so I can roll them!