Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2006, 09:36 AM   #1
squish_is_me
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What am I doing wrong!?

I posted some diapers in the AIO forum over a week ago, after 2 days of no one even asking I reduced them. They are brand new , never worn, and the reduced price is a steal comnpared to what I bought them for. And I havent had ONE person even ask about them, except one person who said oh those are this brand right? but she wasnt looking to buy, was just curious.
So what Im wondering.. is am i doing something wrong? I dont get why noone has even shown an interest? even reduced and new are they priced to high? Is it cuz of the brand maybe? anyone have any ideas? I need to get rid of these and was going to sell some others on here, but I may just go the ebay way if I cant even get anyones interest. *scratching head* I dunno this is the first time I done this and feel like I must be doing something wrong....

Advertisement

squish_is_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 09:50 AM   #2
MCR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What am I doing wrong!?

Do you have pictures of the actual diapers, and the price including shipping. I found things go quicker that way.
It could just be no one is needing the size you have at the moment. I'd give it longer than a couple of days.
I had some things sell a week later.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:51 AM   #3
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

Just give it a little more time. Sometimes it is just about timing...
Old 09-23-2006, 10:28 AM   #4
squish_is_me
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR
Do you have pictures of the actual diapers, and the price including shipping. I found things go quicker that way.
It could just be no one is needing the size you have at the moment. I'd give it longer than a couple of days.
I had some things sell a week later.
yep pics and prices up.. and they been there over a week and nooone has shown interest.

Ok maybe I am just impatient! Bust since I have seen things come and go in a matter of days and mine has sat so long.. I thought maybe I did something wrong.

Thanks
squish_is_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 11:20 AM   #5
HappyCDMamainWI
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you are new here and dont have a lot of feedback yet, list your feedback from ebay or anywhere else that would show that you are a good seller. Some people have been burned and are scared to buy from someone who doesnt show feedback.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:27 AM   #6
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If no one wants them at the price you want hold on to them for a trade.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:30 AM   #7
Termie
Registered Users
seller

You may have better luck selling them on ebay if that's where she is selling them. Put them up as BIN for a couple dollars cheaper than what she's asking.

I'm PERSONALLY not interested after seeing them b/c of the prints and b/c of there being flannel on the outter layer - wicking risk to me. I also don't care for flannel much as it pills and looks worn faster than other fabrics and it's not stay-dry feeling - what I perfer for my little guy since he's no where close to potty training at 6mo.

So I don't think YOU are doing anything wrong. I'd say that it's the brand/type. On eBay I'd simply say you bought these b/c you had some and before you got them they started to not fit well so you thought you'd pass them on NEW rather than used for a couple weeks.

Hope you get most/all of your money back Mama!!
Old 09-23-2006, 12:06 PM   #8
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

dont worry, sometimes its all about timing.....and right now, I'm betting everyones waiting for payday

I have had stuff in the kids area for 2-3 weeks before I got an offer for trade. Sometimes it just takes time. You can try the ebay route too if you want.

SAHM to my crazy toddler
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 07:51 PM   #9
kgsd
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termie
I'm PERSONALLY not interested after seeing them b/c of the prints and b/c of there being flannel on the outter layer - wicking risk to me. I also don't care for flannel much as it pills and looks worn faster than other fabrics

I'm fairly new at FSOT but it seems like name brands sell better. Also, sometimes it's the timing - I've learned that sometimes you just have to re-list things and wait for the right buyer to come along.
kgsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:00 AM   #10
momto2boysinOnt
Registered Users
seller

Timing does make a big difference. I think that sometimes certain brands/types become hot commodities and other perfectly good things are overlooked in the hype.

I'd say be patient, and if they don't sell within a reasonable period of time, either take them off the market for a while and relist them later or try ebay.

Good luck!