Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2008, 08:26 AM   #1
alyssasmommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
June 4, day 4 of the old school challenge!

I didn't see this post so forgive me if I double posted... I can delete it

Here is Logan in his mommy made flat (just some birdseye i had laying around and i serged 2 sides) with a bamboo ft doubler

and here are the shorties he wore over it. my sister made these for her son and they were handed down

This combo lasted all night and I couldn't be happier that I tried this ... it's so simple

Advertisement

Last edited by alyssasmommie; 06-04-2008 at 08:27 AM.
alyssasmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:42 AM   #2
mrsmccullen07
Registered Users
seller

Re: June 4, day 4 of the old school challenge!

DS made it through the night once again in 3 prefolds and wool ( I need to get a pic but we have to dress him right when he is off or he can't really move ) .. this morning he is in our very first flat snappied b/c he wouldn't stay still for the pins ..... i prefer pins ... anybody want to help me master my folding of flats ????

mrsmccullen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:45 AM   #3
alyssasmommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmccullen07 View Post
DS made it through the night once again in 3 prefolds and wool ( I need to get a pic but we have to dress him right when he is off or he can't really move ) .. this morning he is in our very first flat snappied b/c he wouldn't stay still for the pins ..... i prefer pins ... anybody want to help me master my folding of flats ????
wow 3 prefolds? what a fluffy butt!!! how cute! i have got to see a pic of that

what kind of flats do you have? i have GMD's and I fold them in a square 2x and put them on like a prefold. easy peasy!
Old 06-04-2008, 09:04 AM   #4
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry I didn't start the thread. I went home sick last night so I wasn't on the comp at work to start it near midnight.

As for folding flats, I just follow the sticky and use the origami fold with a MF doubler in the wet zone only. I'll try to remember to take pics the next diaper change.
Dd is still in a flat/MF towel combo! (My pics are all going to be the same, just with different shirts, lol.) This morning dd scooted her way allll the way across the bed and fell off dh's side (my side where she sleeps is safe/can't fall off). Luckily the huuuge stuffed pocket she was wearing must have cushioned the fall . Still no extreme here, esp since dh puts her to bed.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:10 AM   #5
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I found a sposie last night and, vainly hoping that it might help her sleep better than she had her past 3 nights in cloth, I put it on her.

Didn't do much.

Back in a pf with Gerber pants this morning.. but after running around trying to pack up my 6yo fot a week long road trip and trying to get my house semi presentable before my parents get here to pick him up (on top of the usual morning chaos), I wasn't up to trying to pin another crunchy line-dried pf on my squirming fussy 8mo and I didn't have a snappi handy...

She's in a mutt.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:24 AM   #6
alyssasmommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry... I didn't mean to cause confusion with this thread! i'm sorry you're sick to

Good thing you weren't going extreme... sounds like the pocket really helped cusion her fall. poor thing. glad to hear she's ok
Old 06-04-2008, 09:44 AM   #7
jnk10046
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I went extreme until last night- ds would not hadle th esuper huge bootie, he was screaming- So I am still extreme for 3 days and today we have been in pf x 3. Good luck mama's!
Old 06-04-2008, 11:23 AM   #8
lauramaynot
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well DH ruined my challenge...he put dd in a pocket this morning before he left for work...I said "hey she needs a flat or PF this morning" (I wasn't doing extreme so she was in a pocket last night) He said "Why? looks like you finally got all the diapers washed" hehe! I didn't tell him I had the clean pockets in a basket in the laundry room to discourage him from grabbing one. That's what I get for folding an putting all the pockets away
Samuel Sluder 16 Sarah Rose 14 Adam Frank 13 Eliza Gray 6 Benjamin Elias 4 Alice Catherine 1 And #7 coming Aug 2013
lauramaynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:12 PM   #9
TruHope
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I keep forgetting to post pics!! UGH!! Okay Pax is in...........flats today It is our 1st venture into flats! I have had them in the house since before he was born but never used them this challange inspired me to try this whole thing out. I am still learning how to use them so bare with me!! LOL

PS - Ignore my ghetto couch and I had no clue I was supposed to tuck the corners under.

TruHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:21 PM   #10
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL I have a ghetto couch too. Yay for old free couch!

I went to take pics and my camera died. Silly me, not charging it when I've barely been using it . So I have one pic of a flat folded in half--not very helpful yet!

So instead... pic of MY ghetto couch! (under my happy furry PF)
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote