Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2008, 10:22 AM   #11
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Advice on how to dry up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubliminalDarkness View Post
I think it's pretty widely known my feelings on breastfeeding, and that I would completely disagree with what you're doing.

I just want to say that I think there would be a lot of very unhappy children in the world if their parents never learned from past experiences and applied newfound knowledge as they move forward. Many, MANY people on this board parent subsequent children differently than they parented their earlier one(s).

As for your kids needing you while you pump... I'm sure there's a way you could plan things so it could work. Not to mention, your baby "needs" what it is you're producing when you pump.

Advertisement

Old 06-04-2008, 10:36 AM   #12
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

bc pills will dry you up.
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:02 AM   #13
Jenifer
Banned

My Mood:

also, i had a terribly rough start to nursing with olivia, she was a preemie, with jaundice, and drs told me to bottle feed her, but i NEVER did! and it was rough, yes, she used a nipple shield, i was in pain, engorged, mastitis, you name it i had it, it was a terrible terrible experience, BUT i made it two years of nursing her! and now samonia our second child, has been nursing blissfully for 21 months you can do it mama, you need proper support, and a bit for info on the benifits of nursing, its not a terrible thing.
Jenifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:21 PM   #14
flowrchild77
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow! Didn't realize that I would be bashed. Not sure if I'll be posting any request for advice here again & will just stick to buying/selling. Thanks for the advice from those of you who answered with no judgement. Yes, I feel as if I have done well by my children and have done a hell of a lot better than some! I think it's ridiculous how so many mothers think they're so much better than everyone else and are quick to ridicule. People just can't agree on everything. Please realize that no one is really "right" because everyone has his/her own opinion!
flowrchild77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:26 PM   #15
joanna19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

so sorry you experienced the judgement here mama. I just wanted to give you some support in finding your answer to your question.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:34 PM   #16
mom2~3offspring
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dont let no one scare you away think better than them
mom2~3offspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:42 PM   #17
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

Sounds like you are heading in the right direction to drying up your milk. I also hear things like binding the breasts or wearing a sports bra that's snug on you will help, also it's gotta help with the pain. I did that when my milk came in and supported boobies feel much better than unsupported ones. Cabbage leaves help but they make you REEK when they warm up. Putting them in the freezer feels really nice. Other than that I really don't know. I do want to say that my first was 7 months when she went to formula(for many reasons) and my second was 22 months when she self-weaned. I wouldnl't feel a bit of guilt over nursing your second longer than your first if you actually want to continue. I can't say I agree iwth your reasonings but I hope you are happy with the results. Unfortunately we are all bashed for our choices usually from one group or another. I have been bashed big time by family and old friends for nursing Sara so long and for cloth diapering. Kinda like you feel you were bashed for stopping nursing. It's not a good feeling. But I just want you to make sure you are really wanting to stop and not just frustrated with a phase in your child's life. They are little for such a short time. My daughter is 5 months and I can't imagine weaning her now. Hope everything goes well for you no matter what you decide and that you and your daughter can find a happy medium.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:52 PM   #18
ali gal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Benadryl will help but will also make you very fatigued. Ibuprofen, as you are already doing. Dropping one pumping session every 3-5 days is how I weaned myself with my son at 9 months.
Circumcising, organic & booby-feeding, baby-wearing, cloth-diapering, non-cosleeping, separate & delayed vaccinating, epidural-loving Mommy to Jackson (07/06), Audrey (01/08) & Beau (12/11) Wife to Dan Guess I'll go against the grain a little bit!
ali gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:01 PM   #19
sillymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry you feel bashed. I think most people were very respectful in how they shared their opinions, and I have a hard time finding a post that "ridiculed" you. To be fair, the name of this section is "Breastfeeding Support." I think it is wonderful that you gave breastfeeding a shot at all, and to get to five months, when you've gone through pain and bleeding and pumping (which I know is horrible) is awesome. *I* wouldn't want to EP either, it is exhausting. I think most of us just want you to know that nursing can be a very wonderful and pleasant experience, which it has been for us, and it could be like that for you too.
sillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:04 PM   #20
amegrl520
Registered Users
seller

I don't have any other advice other than what has already been added. But what a shame others have felt the need to put you down!!! Shame on you ladies! Its her kid she has the right to stop when she wants.

amegrl520 is offline   Reply With Quote