Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-19-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
Sillebille
Registered Users
seller

How often do you change diapers/day. Heavy wetter or not?

since some said changing 4-6 times a day is not enough.....I wanna know:

How often do you change the diaper on a regular day?
Is your child a heavy wetter or not?
Are your LO's diaper always WET?

actually I missed one, when I said I would change 4-6 a day, it is 5-6 a day.

Its summer break so we get up at around 8:30ish.
then one change before lunch at around 11,
next around 2,
next around 6,
next is the night time diaper at around 8-9pm.

If she gets up earlier, she gets her first diaper at 6 am or whenever she wakes up.
If she poops, she gets changed of course.
If we go somewhere, she gets changed right before we leave.
She does not get changed during night. She rarely leaks in the morning. She nurses somewhat during the night (I don't know how much, we co-sleep the second half (or the whole night) of the night in my arm and nurses whenever she wants )

That makes at least 5 diapers a day.

She is 95% EBF, she poops only once a day or every other day.

So I change her approx. every 3 hours.
And I was curious: she peed in her last diaper about 50 mg, which makes a premium prefold damp, not even wet. After I guess 2,5 hours. She is everything but a heavy wetter obviously.
Her skin is just perfect, rarely a rash which is done in a few hours (so not really a "rash"...). Not even with teething she gets a red butt (which had my little son very baaaad!!)

I think it is enough to change her 5-6 times day FOR MY CHILD.

Your turn!

Advertisement

Old 07-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How often do you change diapers/day. Heavy wetter or not?

There are 30+ diapers in a load of laundry and I wash every 2 days. I just check throughout the day, and whenever it is wet or poopy I change it. I would say i change every hour.
*Peanut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #3
Crow Mountain Crafts
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I change my LOs both about 6-7 times a day. That is how often they are wet or poopy.
To me, it dosent matter if it is a heavy wet or not - wet is wet and no baby should have to sit in a wet diaper.

Im sure you change your baby plenty. That is a decision for you to make. I think people just questioned you because in the original post you said 4 times and there is no way that 4 times is enough.
Crow Mountain Crafts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
jenkayben
Registered Users
seller

yeah I wash about 10-15 diapers every night around 8 pm. Then in dryer at 8:30. Pull them out in the morning and start all over. I used fitteds and rarely use covers. I do not like him to be wet at all. He has never broken out or anything. I've never measured his pee so couldn't tell you how many grams or anything. I wouldn't say he is heavy wetter but he couldn't make it all night in a cloth so we use a disposable at night time. We are trying the EC so he has done MORE poops on the toilet than in his diapers. YAY! Oh and he is 7 months old btw, and a nurser, and co sleeper, and likes to nurse all night too
What is EBF?
jenkayben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
jenkayben
Registered Users
seller

oh wanted to ask if you use covers? Because if we go somewhere and it takes an hour to get there I am going to put a cover on him. For example, we are looking for new place to live. We drove an hour to the city we are scoping out, looked at a few places to live, then an hour home. All in all we were gone from 12:30 to 5:30 and I changed him once. But if we are at home I am not going to use a cover. So I guess it all depends on what kind of diaper you use also. I mean if I didn't change him when he was wet he would leak everywhere, and most likely on me.
jenkayben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #6
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm a super mega changer...I change at LEAST every 2 hours though sometimes much more frequently than that.

Overnight (10pm to 6am) I only change once.

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #7
klilley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i agree with PP, and I don't want to insult anyone but I wonder a lot about why other mama's insist on schedules...

I love you all mama's and I learn a lot from you but i don't understand scheduled diaper changes i change every time it is dirty, sometimes tiny little pee, i don't care, my baby is not going to sit on pee or poop if I can avoid it. it's probably several times a day, i don't even count really. Sometimes I forget about it, but I check her quite often, not an hour goes by that I don't check

I'm just thankful that I have a healthy baby born out of my belly, and that I can change her diapers. Its a blessing

i went into this CD journey knowing it would be an extra step or two already with laundry. Turns out, its an addiction and every diaper change is fun I never know which diaper I feel like putting on.... ALL the FLUFF!!!

So when I read about diapers not lasting "two" hours during the day or however many hours i'm really baffled.

for the nightime, I change her in her sleep a couple of times. Yes, I get up often at night anyways for feeding, and I chose to have babies knowing that it would be a long time before I got more than 8 hours of straight sleep in a row. Again, I'm not looking for a "magic" diaper, that is supposed to last 12 hours and hold 12 hours of pee??? really??

I'm just looking for a diaper that won't wick on the sides, so I use wool as bulletproof. And yes, for nighttime, don't change as often, and when I do her bootie is clean and dry and she is not sitting or laying on pee for too long.
wife to my lover and best friend; City girl, in the closet semi-crunchy, First time mama to our PRECIOUS homebirthed baby girl born 03/10. EDD 10/28/11 We babywear, co-sleep, , EC'ng, ...!! Breastmilk Donor

My ISO http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1232959
klilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #8
deanaparthur
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD is every 1-2 hours. DS is every 2-3 hours. They are both wet but nevr are diapers soaked- and toss in extra dipe changes for DS's 2 daily poops and DD's ebf poo unpredictability. Neither are changed when they sleep (DS is 9-10 hours and DD is 7-9 hours).

So -
I change DD 8-11 times per day.
I change DS 5-7 times per day.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #9
klilley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkayben View Post
What is EBF?
Exclusive Breastfeeding
wife to my lover and best friend; City girl, in the closet semi-crunchy, First time mama to our PRECIOUS homebirthed baby girl born 03/10. EDD 10/28/11 We babywear, co-sleep, , EC'ng, ...!! Breastmilk Donor

My ISO http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1232959
klilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:39 PM   #10
b15chik
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

every 2 hours or so unless he poops