Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-05-2008, 07:55 AM   #1
KatieKas
Registered Users

My Mood:
How do you strip diapers in HE washer??

I've been using CD for a month now and they are starting to get funky. I tried about 3 kinds of det before I found one that seemed to work....

BUT I still think I need to strip them. How do you strip them in a HE front load washer?

Advertisement

Old 06-05-2008, 08:16 AM   #2
alybeth
Registered Users

Re: How do you strip diapers in HE washer??

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I'll be wathing this thread as I was wondering the same thing!
alybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:17 AM   #3
bfuzzy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The only way I have stripped my dipes is by washing until I saw no bubbles. I have a FL. I have never used dawn to strip. I know others use different things to strip. I have read that the RLR is good for stripping dipes.

Good luck
Old 06-05-2008, 08:17 AM   #4
SassyC
Registered Users

My Mood:

Watching this too!
SassyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:21 AM   #5
glockchick
Registered Users
Formerly: ShannaLeah
seller

My Mood:

I used RLR in mine, but it really didn't seem to do anything much and the diapers still had that funk smell. Last night I washed with a full scoop of Tide HE instead of my "green" detergent on the sanitary cycle. They're drying now.

I'll let you know if it worked after they're done. If it worked, you'll probably see a big ol' thread about it.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:49 AM   #6
AlohaMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just tried stripping my diapers by adding two small squirts of dawn. I just hadn't stripped them for a loooong time so I did it.
AlohaMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:59 AM   #7
KatieKas
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaMommy View Post
I just tried stripping my diapers by adding two small squirts of dawn. I just hadn't stripped them for a loooong time so I did it.
If you strip them in dawn, do you just do a regular wash or let them soak? Can you let clothes soak in a FL? I've never tried that.

I feel really stupid here but I have a strong sense of smell so her diapers are driving me crazy. I KNOW there is a way to get them clean...I guess I might resort to bleach. I'll try to dawn then RLR first. Anyone have luck with baby oxyclean?

Last edited by KatieKas; 06-05-2008 at 10:01 AM.
KatieKas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:03 AM   #8
z1ggy23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't have a FL, but I do have an HE... To strip mine, I do a tsp of Dawn and rinse until I see no bubbles, and then rinse again.

Now I use RLR, however. I LOVE that stuff!!!!
Old 06-05-2008, 10:23 AM   #9
AlohaMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieKas View Post
If you strip them in dawn, do you just do a regular wash or let them soak? Can you let clothes soak in a FL? I've never tried that.

I feel really stupid here but I have a strong sense of smell so her diapers are driving me crazy. I KNOW there is a way to get them clean...I guess I might resort to bleach. I'll try to dawn then RLR first. Anyone have luck with baby oxyclean?
This is what I did:

I just added dawn to my regular wash routine and then did a few extra rinses to make sure the bubbles were all gone. That's all I did. My FL does not have an opt to soak..I always use HOT wash.

ARe you rinsing your diapers well and using enough detergent?
AlohaMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:28 AM   #10
SarBear27
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was also going crazy because I couldn't get the stink out... I just started using Bac-Out and Calgon. I have a front loader HE so I can't soak in the machine. Here's how I've been doing it instead (and it seems to be working!!!). I don't know if this is the "right" way to go about this, but I had to try something new.

I dump my diapers in a hot wash just to initially clean them, then I fill up my little utility sink with cold water and about a TB of Bac-Out. I soak the diapers in that for about 30 to 40 min. Last, I put them back in the washer with regular Tide HE soap and about 1/2 a cup of Calgon and run a "sanitary" load with an extra rinse at the end. IT WORKS!

The downside is that it takes a while and now that I've gotten them unstinky I could probably skip the first wash part and go straight to the soaking. I also tried dish soap to "strip" them and it seemed to do ok (still had a little stink, though not as bad) but I had to be really careful to put just a little bit of the soap because otherwise it suds WAY too much in my machine (bubbles out the back - oops).

I hope that helps you out. Now my diapers just smell like laundry soap
SarBear27 is offline   Reply With Quote