Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2006, 09:32 AM   #1
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

Ladies PLEASE READ re: birth control

I just wanted to say that my husband and I use natural family planning and I have learned to watch my body for the signs of ovulation. We planned our last pregnancy by me telling him this is the day. We ended up with twins! :lol: I thought you might get a kick out of that!

Everyone I know that uses NFP methods, knows the day they got pregnant they just chose to do "it" anyways. I personally don't use any other forms of birth control bc of my personal beliefs. They are similar to the beliefs of the mama that posted so passionately about NFP. I also can't imagine not being able to have any more children.

The most important thing I wanted to say is, I don't judge anyone about what they choose to do with their bodies. You do have a right to choose what to do with it regardless of what my beliefs may be. I have several friend who have chosen to use various forms of birth control. While the mama was very passionate in her response about her beliefs, I really got the impression that she wasn't trying to condemn but to inform. Until recently I didn't know all of the information tha she was posting either. Most of it is actually true and you could ask your doctor if you had any questions about your own personal methods. I hope everyone can put this unfortunate situation behind them and still get along. I hope I haven't offended anyone with what I have said bc that was not my intention.

Advertisement

Old 04-29-2006, 09:39 AM   #2
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ladies PLEASE READ re: birth control

Imagine a society where female fetuses are aborted because the parents want a boy; imagine a society where you don't have a choice to practice the type of birth control you want, i.e. the pill, vasectomy, NFP; imagine a society of forced sterilization.

I'm soooooooo glad I live where I can practice whatever the heck I want.

Just a thought. I'm getting sentimental in my old age.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:46 AM   #3
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

Yes, there are alot of things going on out there aren't there! I have a friend who would get so sick with her pregnancies that she couldn't even get her daughter to school on time bc she would puke the whole way there and she did it all 9 months. She would get pregnant if her dh even looked at her so her dh got a vasectomy. I also have a friend who has diabetes and has had 4 c-sections. She got her tubes tied. Needless to say, some people gott ado what they gotta so regardless of my thoughts or opinions! I am also glad that they can choose to do it so that they can be here for their kids they already have. I guess it is the fact that so much freedom brings so many controversies and we just have to learn to love and accept eachother even if we don't agree with them!
Old 04-29-2006, 10:29 AM   #4
Carrie
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanSmiles
Imagine a society where female fetuses are aborted because the parents want a boy; imagine a society where you don't have a choice to practice the type of birth control you want, i.e. the pill, vasectomy, NFP; imagine a society of forced sterilization.

I'm soooooooo glad I live where I can practice whatever the heck I want.

Just a thought. I'm getting sentimental in my old age.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:15 PM   #5
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

NFP is so easy if you are aware of your body... and ditto to the above
Old 04-30-2006, 06:22 PM   #6
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree, NFP is easy...IF your body does what it is SUPPOSED to do. Mine doesnt
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:06 PM   #7
littleways
Registered Users

NFP is easy - I use the Creighton Method - I don't have regular cycles but I learned to read my body and it's awesome - I know so much about my body now - I can even tell if I'm coming down with a cold.

Check out: http://www.weecuddle.com
littleways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 07:05 AM   #8
SamanthaKailea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

nicely said
SamanthaKailea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:22 AM   #9
Abunchofus
Registered Users
seller

Hey ladies - just wanted to chime in here - I am trying to learn NFP. I sort of half tried to use it the 2 months before I got pregnant with our last one. I'm one of those ladies who if my husband looks at me I get pregnant! Now my youngest will be 1 this month and I've had 3 AF's so far. However, I've been using spermicide off and on as b/c because my I'm trying to learn my body and didn't want to get pregnant until I sort of learn it. The first cycle I am 99% sure I was annovulatory. the 2nd one probably too. this last cycle (AF due any day now) the temp shift says I should have ovulated but I never had really any mucus (sorry to be blunt & frank but no other way to put it). I've been using fertility friend to try to help me learn but with nursing I'm still wonky.

any of you here who use NFP and know it well or teach it and would want to look at my chart please PM me or email me. I'm still learning. We are talking about ttc again in the next month or two. Actually my husband wants me to use no spermicide - just leave it up to the Lord but I'm having a hard time taking that leap of faith.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:29 AM   #10
Carrie
Registered Users

I'm not an NFP'er but I just wanted to say that Fertility Friend is not designed to be used for prevention. It is actually against the rules of the site to use it for prevention, but more than that you have a high chance of getting pg because it isn't set up that way!