Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-05-2008, 11:25 AM   #11
Ablepearl
Registered Users

Re: Help me out... Doc said I should stop CDing....

If this wouldn't cause pain to your child I would asy to put sposies on you other child, wait untilt he rash appears and then go back to the pedi. But of course no one wants to do something they know is harmful to their child. To me that answers the question. No sposies.

Advertisement

Ablepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:29 AM   #12
pumpkins_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DD has a similar rash and I don't know what is causing it. It is definitely worse with CDs. I've been slowly ruling out the typical rash culprits. I will have to look into the lactose intolerance thing - thanks for the tip.

To the OP - don't stop using CD if it's worse in sposies! Sounds like your dr doesn't know what's best for you guys in this case.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:30 AM   #13
FancifulFanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

they're still going to poop in sposies and that won't absorb away into that gel stuff so it would be kinda pointless. kwim?

FWIW, my son was the exact same way. his poop was toxic or something and one poop and he would bleed. It was horrid. I treated proactively with a natural salve to provide a barrier against the poo - and is was cd safe. I think it was from Blessed Bee herbals or something like that on HC. If you need me to look around I will.

My dr was all for my continuing to cd - the rash would happen regardless.
FancifulFanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:57 AM   #14
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And?

that was your doctors opinion. you know what's best for your child. Just because he says you should stop doing something, doesn't mean you have to, and you don't even have to prove to him that Cd'ing is better for your child. He sounds like one of those doctors that just believe that Disposables are the best out there and Cd'ing is horrible.

Ignore him. I hope your baby gets to feeling better soon.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:03 PM   #15
huntingflower
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't stop especially if you have seen worse cases with your kiddos in sposies. This is one doctors opinion and unfortunately a lot of doctors are against cloth diapering.. for some strange reason.

Give the ointment and whatever other meds are provided.. sterilize/strip the dipes just to be safe and continue to do withat you are doing. When my son was first born his poops would burn his skin too.. and now it still gets red if I don't catch it right away. It is definately not from cd'ing in our case. gl

huntingflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:08 PM   #16
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

Sara had that problem with her poop for the LONGEST TIME! It took daily acidophilus and constant diaper changes to fix it. Turns out it was an overgrowth of yeast in her body and it was contaminating her skin when the poop touched it. I had to really dose her up on acidophilus and wash everything in tea tree oil all the time and put some tea tree oil in the wipes solution too. But once it was gone that was it.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:19 PM   #17
Liz*RN*BSN
Registered Users
Formerly: liz4185
seller

My Mood:

My pedi recommends CDs and was thrilled to see me using them. the fever could be from an infected bum so definately use the cream. If you doc suspects your LO may have meningitis, why the heck is he not testing her for that instead of worrying about her diapers? thats crazy

Last edited by Liz*RN*BSN; 06-05-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Liz*RN*BSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:29 PM   #18
aliandmimismom
I'll think of something :)
seller

My Mood:

So sorry mama! The same thing happens to my dd, as soon has she poops her bum gets very red and aweful looking rash, even though I change her immediately! Some kids just have super sensitive skin, or perhaps it's something diet related? I still have to figure this one out myself, but I wouldn't give up cloth because of it, really the rash from a bm has nothing to do with "what's on the bum" As for possible meningitis, obviously that is a scary diagnosis, and any parent would be worried, I hope you baby gets better soon, use the cream and any antibiotics that the doctors prescribe because you don't want to mess around with that kind of infection, but cloth would not be the cause as far as I know.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:12 PM   #19
drewbears
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2CoopnBelle View Post
I'm sorry mama. When my pedi saw my son's rash like that, he said YAY for cloth diapers and WOW... he must be lactose intolerant! So, I guess diaper rashes like that are a major sign of lactose intolerance (he had other symptoms as well, but in an infant it is the leading sign that there is a lactose sensativity)! Learn something new every day!

Okay that is EXACTLY what I have wondered with Bella and Tad.... Tad can have a cup of milk and within half an hour has a diarrhea burn his skin kinda rash/poop!

AND last week when the rash did seem to get to its worse, Bella had tried milk!!!!
Bella(2),
& Sophie - Born Oct 5th 09
drewbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:12 PM   #20
CassidysMommy
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Tell your doc that 73% of babes in sposies suffer from serious diaper rash---while only 7% of babes in cloth do...
Stuff that in your pipe and smoke it! :P
Do whats in your heart mama.

P.S I think the lactose intolerance is your best bet....

Last edited by CassidysMommy; 06-05-2008 at 01:14 PM.
CassidysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote