Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-05-2008, 07:11 PM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Bringing a baby to a funeral?

Originally Posted by ~sarah~ View Post
Would you? A friend of the family died this past week and her funeral is Saturday morning. I feel like I should go as I've known her and her daughter for 15+ years, but I don't know if it would be improper to bring Sean. He's 11 months old and generally very well behaved. I would wear him in our Ergo and of course we could step out if he got upset or loud or something.

Should I go and bring him, or just skip it and send my respects with my mom who is going? WWYD?
Take him and sit at the back. If he starts to act up take him out. But also consider the family of the friend who died, are they the type of people who would appreciate it or not? That, or as someone else recommended let daddy watch him while you just step in for a few minutes to pay your respects.

Married to David the love muffin, humanist mother to Captain Tiny, 3/08, school teacher extraordinaire. "Teacher, can we give you the clap and cheer?"
kettle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:17 AM   #22
My Mood:

Thanks so much for all your input mamas! I've decided not to go. I don't want to be a distraction to the family in their time of grief.
~sarah~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:46 PM   #23
Registered Users
My Mood:

we recently took our little girl ( then 9 months) to mu husband's grandmother's funeral. She was good for the viewing, but we ended up leaving before the service even started. (not really a bad thing, as my FIL couldn't attend the service do to his low immunity, so we kept him company in the hotel room)
I think if you are ok with the possibility of not being able to stay for the service in order to not be a distraction, then yes.
Rose-first time mom to Marissa 07/24/07
Jz_Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:12 AM   #24
Registered Users
My Mood:

We took my 13mo old to my "adopted" mom's funeral just a couple of weeks ago. He did well and I am nursing so I really had to bring him with me. I should say this funeral was 7hrs from home so it was an overnight thing. We had a babysitter for the other 2.
Kerri wifey to dh since 2000! SAHM to Robbie (03), Abby (05) and Elijah (07) Stocking at Serenity Tree
kthoelen is offline   Reply With Quote