Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-05-2008, 12:20 PM   #1
steely_cass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Considering Baby Led Weaning

I have a 6.5 month old mainly formula fed baby. We started her on solids a few days before she was 6 months. She loved them. Had no problems with it. Until I introduced squash. Apparently she doesn't like it...fine. But now she will not eat anything I offer her. BUT if I give her the spoon she is ok.

So I've been reading about BLW since she doesn't want it from me. We already cook with no added salt or sugar, so it really would be simple. However, she is a MAJOR puker! Generally throws up about 50 times a day. She gained weight fine and nothing is "wrong" with her. I'm just concerned that she wouldn't be able to tolerate it or I wouldn't be able to tell if something was bothering her. She is lactose intolerant, but that's not what makes her puke.

Does anyone have a puker that they did BLW with? Any BLW experience in general would be great actually.

I am going to talk to my doc about it next week, but she doesn't seem real knowledgable on stuff like this. Was VERY confused when she saw my daughter's pocket dipe on, lol. Hadn't ever seen one.

Advertisement

steely_cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:34 PM   #2
ajk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Considering Baby Led Weaning

DD would spit up alot until about 7 months or so and then it gradually decreased. She's 11 months old now and has grown out of it. She now only very occasionally throws up. We did BLW because DD hated being spoon fed also. We give her very small pieces of food ie peas, cut up fruit, cut up or grated cooked veggies. She loves feeding herself. I would actually guess that BLW would actually be better for your spitter because she has control over how much she eats. When spoon feeding its easy to over feed and cause her to spit up her meal. Good luck, I hope it goes well for you.