Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2008, 08:44 AM   #1
crystalannski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Foster to adopt intro

Hi I'm new here and just thought I'd introduce myself to this group. My husband and I have been foster parents for over 2 years now. We currently have 2 beautiful babies (Isaac 6/26/07 & Kayla 11/3/07) that we plan on adopting. I also have two step sons that come over on the weekends, they are 14 and 17. We are somewhat of an odd family but it works for us!
Crystal

Advertisement

crystalannski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:04 AM   #2
courtney_adkins05
Registered Users
seller

Re: Foster to adopt intro

welcome!!
courtney_adkins05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:55 AM   #3
z'smomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's wonderful!
Old 06-07-2008, 09:37 PM   #4
Kinrice01
Registered Users
seller

We are doing foster to adopt too! We are certified but waiting for our first placement.. it is hard waiting...
Kindra: wife to Chris since 6/01 , Stay at Home, AP, homeschooling Mama to: Seth 11/01, Elissa 10/03 , Noah 9/05 , Emma 5/09 , Luke 4/13 ,stepmom to a U.S.Marine Stephen 10/92 , foster mama to siblings I 12/08, J 12/09, and J 4/14
Kinrice01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:01 AM   #5
nitareality
Registered Users

My Mood:

Welcome! Another foster to adopter here.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:49 AM   #6
katiejack
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are also foster to adopt! We waited about 2 months for our first placement - a little boy a little over 1.5 yrs. old. We did respite with him for 3 months and then, a little over a week ago, he moved in full-time with us. We are hoping to adopt him but, as all "seasoned" foster parents know, anything can happen and we can't count on anything happening toward adoption until the papers are signed!

It is hard waiting though. Every time the phone rings you think it's for a placement.
katiejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #7
kristy29
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi, this is my first time posting in here as well. We are foster to adopt as well. We currently have a placement of a baby girl born last July and her brother who is almost 5. It was back and forth about adoption for them but mom got clean and they should be going home before school starts. It will be so hard and I will miss them so much. We've had them since the baby was 6 weeks old.

We did just learn there is an 18 mos old boy who is looking for a home and we are on the list for him.
kristy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:31 PM   #8
crystalannski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow that’s tough, I hope everything works out for you and your family.
We had our first placement (that we were told we would adopt) leave after 9 months, it’s hard. We got her right out of the hospital and were told we would adopt because there was no family and her mother didn’t want her. Well there was an Aunt that changed her mind and after 9 months she left us. It was heartbreaking and still is but I wouldn’t change that experience for the world. I loved the time I had with her and I know she is in a good place. Everything happens for a reason and I wouldn't trade the kids I have now for anything! I hope that it all works out for you and for the kids.
crystalannski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:24 PM   #9
waitingforgrace
Registered Users

Hi there.. my husband and I are foster to adopt also. We're waiting on our license and first placement.. our paperwork went to the state today!!!
waitingforgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:22 PM   #10
JayCee33
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hello, I can't believe all the Foster to Adopt people! It's great! Technically we did not get officially into foster to adopt. We got a kinship placement, with a little girl who I knew through work and needed a new foster home. Two and a half years later we are in the adoption process with her, and just got her brand new Baby sister from the hospital in early April. Though we of course don't know what is going to happen with the new baby, but the mom has had the rights terminated for four other children, and so it's not looking very good for her. She has been homeless for the majority of the last two and half years, and whenever she gets a place ends up back on drugs.
But, I always find myself worrying that we'll have to give up our precious girls. I don't know what I would do...
It's great to find people who are in a similar place.
JayCee33 is offline   Reply With Quote