Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-13-2006, 07:02 AM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Is anybody night-weaning?

Originally Posted by Mommameyer00

Thank you for all those links and posting this! We are struggling with night-weaning right now. This post is just what I needed!
Hope it helps!

Bethany, wife and sweetheart to Steve since 6/03/00
Mommy to: Joey (6/13/02), Bryan (6/23/04), Caden & Ellyson (10/04/06)
bethanyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:31 PM   #12
Registered Users

Bumping for continued support. I need some sleep!! Gonna dust off my Pantly book now
Mount*n*sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:54 PM   #13
Registered Users

Originally Posted by bethanyjoy
Plus, I'll have more room in OUR bed for my belly!
With twins in there you will need it! DH gave up on the bed and slept on the sofa bed. I needed 5 pillow to even sleep and sometimes I had to sleep almost sitting up bc of the pressure on my lungs! It was so worth it though.
Heidi - wife to John and SAHM to Andrew 9/4/96, Liz 12/4/98, Caleb 9/2/03, Aaron & Glory 10/20/05 and Madison 12/5/07 VBAC (born in the water!)
Sun City Babywearers co-leader
1bigfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:50 PM   #14
Goodness gracious he's hot!
My Mood:

I know you are all said and done now...but I wanted to share how I did it for anyone who wants to know.

DD associated the recliner as a booby place. SO when we were working on night weaning we layed down unstead of sitting up (she never got booby laying down, always sitting up in the recliner) We had 2 rough nights of where she wanted booby but I wouldnt give it to her unstead I cuddled with her and things like that. After those two nights if we sat in the chair she expected booby, if we laid down she didnt....So with was just changing things up a bit and she weaned really easily.

SADLY, after night weaning, she pretty well weaned all together. We lasted for about another month and now...she hasnt asked to nurse for several days (I dont offer but dont say no if she asks)

On one hand I am very sad...on another I am glad. I am glad I dont have to wake up 3-6 times a night anymore! Only 2-4 times to comfort her and tell her shes ok. At least its not waking up to nurse, but shes a pretty high needs baby
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote