Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2008, 11:18 AM   #1
ZPmom
Registered Users
seller

how much Bac Out should I use?

? I normally do about 15 diapers and 15 inserts.. its mostly the inserts that are stinking.

Also, on the cotton babies website it says not recommended for use with BGOS... is that because of the PUL? What about FB?

Advertisement

ZPmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:17 PM   #2
Scotch
Registered Users
seller

Re: how much Bac Out should I use?

If your inserts are stinking you should consider washing them again with more detergent (and extra rinse to get rid of any residue). A bit of bleach on a purely inserts load works, too, unless you are opposed to bleach. I find that gets rid of stinkies for me. I tried Bac Out and wasn't impressed; I didn't notice much but the scent -- nice smelling scent but that having that cover stinky doesn't mean it is helping to clean. For a stain remover, I'm finding I far prefer Ecover stain remover over Bac Out.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:12 PM   #3
ZPmom
Registered Users
seller

I think it was using more that got me into trouble. I've done wash after wash without detergent to try to get all the residue out but I still can't shake it. I can't really smell it when they are 'clean and dry' (I can more on the BG inserts) but when ds wets they get that ammonia smell.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:18 PM   #4
Scotch
Registered Users
seller

Well, that's a bummer. I hope Bac Out works for you. What detergent do you use? Have you tried a bit of bleach to get rid of possible bacteria in the inserts?
Old 06-06-2008, 02:44 PM   #5
AlisonR80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I second the bleach suggestion. I bleached mine due to some stink after peeing and they came out white and clean! I did buy some bac-out for stains. I'm not sure how to use it in the wash. I don't see on the CB site where it says not to use bac-out. I'm still going to use it....i'm a rebel
Old 06-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #6
painpeach
Registered Users
seller

I can't tell you excatly how much to use (i just guess and put about as much as I would for bleach). but if you read the directions on the bottle it says for diapers to soak overnight. I did that for a while but it was taking FOREVER to do just one load of diaper laundry. so i stopped using bac out and now use bleach occasionally on just the inserts - works way better in my opinion.

Heidi
painpeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:30 PM   #7
caleighbelle47
Registered Users

My Mood:

I put a good size squirt into the washer and let them soak for an hour or so.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:42 PM   #8
ZPmom
Registered Users
seller

hmmm well thanks guys, to bleach or not to bleach.. Now that is the question.. Maybe I'll try the bleach and return the Bac -Out.. although I'm really bad about returning things.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:29 PM   #9
AlisonR80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

keep the bac-out! It'll come in handy for diaper/clothing stains and carpet stains
Old 06-06-2008, 07:22 PM   #10
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:

I love Bac-Out. I'm not such a fan of bleach and try to use it very sparingly.

If I'm soaking diapers, like to just make them seem "fresh" again, I use 1/2 c. and fill the washing machine up and let them soak for as long as I feasibly can (it was 4 hours last time, but I've done as little as 2), then wash with detergent, as normal.

For everyday use - I spray undiluted Bac-Out on all poopy diapers after they're sprayed thoroughly with the diaper sprayer.

I find that occasionally the microfiber gets smelling funny, not necessarily stinky, just funny... and I spray them with Bac-Out (if I don't have a whole load to soak) and let them sit overnight and then wash as normal and they smell good again.
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote