Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-24-2006, 11:24 AM   #1
mama23boys
Banned
seller

MIL and Longies

the other day i sent my MIL some pictures of joe in his longies and his wool hat..thats really thats all in my photobucket so she calls me back and asks me "what the heck are you dressing that kid in?" so of course i tell its wool and that they are his pants for winter and his diapers go under it....bla, bla, bla.....she then tells me that he looks like an orphan whose mom doesnt know how to dress him and that my longies are UGLY *GASP*

i called MY mom after this and told her. my mom says will thats bc she dosent know about wool and cloth diapers, she thinks its the rubber pants and pins. my mom even said how much better cloth and wool is for EVERY baby!! gotta love my mom

so now that MIL knows that we are using longies she called me back yesterday she is buying "real" clothes outfits, pants, shirts etc!!!

i figure i will go through what she sends and keep what he needs and return the rest for a highchair and a baby gate!

Advertisement

mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:29 AM   #2
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: MIL and Longies

LMBO!!!!!! how hilarious! mil are insane lol. my mom thought i was nuts for the cloth but you should've seen her google eyeing those little wool soakers and such. i thought my sister thought i was crazy too, but she thinks they're adorable and now wants to open up a cd store hehe.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:38 AM   #3
mama23boys
Banned
seller

LOL---ohh i forgot to mention that she also said that when we go vist them in Dec she wants him in "real" clothes sure for the flight there and back

im the "nutty" one in my family also!
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:41 AM   #4
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
she then tells me that he looks like an orphan whose mom doesnt know how to dress him and that my longies are UGLY *GASP*

Were those really her exact words? Because I didn't know that an orphan would even *have* a mom to dress him badly.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:42 AM   #5
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama23boys
im the "nutty" one in my family also!

Me too! I'm the only one that does anything! LOL
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:02 PM   #6
Righteous Recycles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's unbelievable.
Righteous Recycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:07 PM   #7
MilkOnDemand
Registered Users
seller

My mom recently bought Liam some *real* clothes. She gets the whole longies/CD thing, but just wanted him to have something from Gymboree. I'm sure someone commented to her about Liam's attire.

So, are you going to put him in real clothes for your visit???
MilkOnDemand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:44 PM   #8
jeniperlyn
Registered Users
seller

That probably would have upset me and i probably would have said something "not so nice" back to her. I guess i'm extremely lucky to have a Mom and my BF's mom who both cloth diapered and aren't in complete shock at the fact that i decided to start CD'ing. They were both ready and willing to teach me how to pin pf's, my mom even brought me pins (that lasted until my first snappi came in the mail). My mom has a little trouble with my pf's because she used flats so she didn't have to do the folding or twisting in the center....grandpa has even changed a diaper! I do have to say they are all shocked at how much CD'ing has changed and all of the options out there and they are loving my snappis instead of the pins that killed their fingures when they were diapering us. The only one that has made a comment was my bf's grandmother on his fathers side, i think she just seemed to be in shock that someone would still CD when they have the option of disposibles. When she seen me change him she said, "your using cloth" like it was a sin, so i explained i couldn't find a disposibly diaper that would hold in his messes and it was getting all over his clothes and with the cloth i haven't had that problem. My mom is even ready to try to teach me how to sew so i can make recycled longies for the winter!
SAHM to Zachary Arthur 4/5/06 Mckenzie Elizabeth 5/14/08 our angel with wings 6/2/07 & Complete Molar Pregnancy 3/8/12 followed by ema/co (multi unit chemo). weened at 24 months DD and 12 months DS, , ...out of the loop! Baby #3 due 5/19/15.
jeniperlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:24 PM   #9
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by urchin_grey
Were those really her exact words? Because I didn't know that an orphan would even *have* a mom to dress him badly.

LMBO!!!!!!!!!! now that's great! i didn't even catch that

if she says it again, say something like that and then a big fat to her!!!

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:30 PM   #10
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

LOL, I still can't believe she said that to you. I'd give her the wrong clothing size and say "well, I had to take them all back, they didn't fit" just to make her mad. My MIL passed away years ago, but my parents/family are ok with it...all but my brother. We went to a family gathering last week and he says "what in the WORLD do you have on that kid?" LOL It was so funny...I said "its wool pants" and my grandma jumped in and said "why in the world would you have a baby in WOOL living in South Texas?"
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote