Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2008, 11:55 AM   #1
icanonlyimagine
Theres a Scent for that!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
milk allergy?

ok so this is day 6 of diarreah with no signs of it looking any better so I just got off the phone with the ped and she said its past the point of it being a virus so now we are looking at a possible milk allergy ... so I have to cut milk out of my diet for the weekend.... AAALLLL dairy I'm PISSED!!! because Gracie's birthday party is sunday and we were jst having my favorite pizza now I cant eat it AND I get to sit back and watch everyone else enjoy my favorite food.

now heres my question. what if cutting out the dairy from my diet doesnt work? what then? she said if the diarreah doesnt go away with this no diary weekend then she needs to be seen.... what will she do? will she say that I cant bf anymore? like a perscription formula??? she never took formula very well and hasnt had a single drop since about 4 weeks old. I'm so nervous I dont wanna stop bfing!!!!!!!

Advertisement

Old 06-06-2008, 12:21 PM   #2
cupcakewright
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: milk allergy?

I would not quiet breast feeding for anything. YOu might want them to check for the rotovirus, it can cause diarreah for up to 2 weeks or longs.

Also cutting our dairy is a great idea but it will take longer then a weeknd to get it out of both of your systems and it might not be dairy, it could be soy, or something else, so you may need to do a full ellimination diet and others on here can help more with that,

AS far as pizza, I hear you and I am sorry but you can make it, I have been basically dairy free for 5 years with my last 3 kids, but it is so worth it.

YOu can do it
Old 06-06-2008, 12:24 PM   #3
EmmysDiscoMomma
Banned

My Mood:

How old is she, I was just reading "what to expect the first year" last night and it said babies who are teething can experience diarrhea. Just a thought.
EmmysDiscoMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:41 PM   #4
icanonlyimagine
Theres a Scent for that!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

shes only 3 mo and shes not teething we already thoght about that but since its not getting better and its been almost a week dr said thats not it