Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-24-2006, 03:26 PM   #1
mercy589
Registered Users
seller

Cool Wooly Mamas :)

So, I have some questions for those of you that use wool! I am crocheting the Morning Glory pattern and its totally addicting, I want to make her a whole wardrobe!

If you use mostly wool and fitteds is that basically what your child's wardrobe consists of and then you just buy some shirts? How many longies do you have then? Don't laugh at me here, but do you have two of the same color - see, I'm thinking, what if I put her in this cute wool pants and matching top and then I go to change her and the wool is wet then I'd have to change her top too if it didn't match the next pair of longies I put on her! Or maybe if I purposely made two different color longies but they matched sort of so that they could both go with the same tops... Where do you get cute tops to match the wool (besides HC!), do you dye them yourself or do things to them? See, can you tell I'm seriously wanting to revamp Lucy's fall wardrobe to wool! Thanks for the help!

...just had to add him in there.

Advertisement

Christy - breastfeeding, cloth diapering, natural living, homeschooling, homebirthing, stay at home mama to Lucy (9), Julia (7), Esther (4), Isaac (2), and Baby in Oct my blog about healthy living and mothering
mercy589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:44 PM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Wooly Mamas :)

i love wool!
i just use a top that matches the bottoms, all mine are different colors, so im no help but any top will do, and you can wear them however you want to
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:50 PM   #3
mom2hancj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just use the same pair all day. It doesn't get that wet that it has to be changed. I am going to make a stash of about 8 pair. Yep I just use wool and shirts. We did that over the summer too with shorts. Some days he wears wool and some days pockets and regular pants. HTH

I am using the ladybugz pattern and love it too. I am changing my license over. Great fit!! I just need to take the time to crochet some for my guy now.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:17 PM   #4
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thats mostly all we use. After I receive all the customs, we'll have 10 pairs of longies, that doesn't include the recycled woolies. I'm like the pp, we try to use the same pair all day, just changing the fitted or prefold underneath as needed. I usually get his clothes out the day before, so I'll put the longies with a shirt and take the fitteds/prefolds out of the bins when we need them. I always have a 2nd outfit (longies/tshirt) laying out just in case. When we go out someplace nice, I either put a matching "set" on him or regular clothes with a Bumgenius.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:03 PM   #5
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:

Um, well DD has 8 pairs of knit/crochet longies, and I'm currently working on two more, and I've actually got wool fabric I plan on making pants with. I like to have a LOT of variety though. I think if we had to, we could get by with about 4 pairs for full-time use, but it would be difficult at times (such as when it's time to wash).

We don't have any longies that are the same color really.. and it's not a problem. Today DD wore a bright pink pair, which I later changed out with a green pair. She was wearing a natural colored top with pink and green floral embroidery, so either worked fine (and we actually have a chocolate soaker that goes with the same shirt very well). Most of the tops we have, will work well with at least two pairs of longies, some go with more than that.
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:31 PM   #6
mom2hancj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sarah,

Where did you get your wool fabric? I would love some to make pants.