Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2008, 09:12 AM   #11
wvgemini
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What CDing goofs have you made?

I was exhausted one morning while changing DS and I took the insert out of his pocket (which I don't do until I toss them in the wash), put the diaper i n the wetbag and the insert in his hamper I discovered it when I was folding his nice clean fabric softened laundry. My mom put some of his pockets in the hamper, too. She offered to buy more thinking she ruined them. RLR is magic stuff, lol.

I have put knitted shorties over pockets, too, but I wanted to show them off and we were going out

Advertisement

TTC #2 when he gets back!

IHA:Drybees,Fitteds,Wool,Fleece
wvgemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:13 AM   #12
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I put a wool doubler inside a fitted.
MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:19 AM   #13
jpicasso
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysaysrelax View Post
thankfully I have had a lot of guidance.but I did put Bourdreaux's buttpaste on my DD because she had a horrendous rash and it stained some of my dipes
I live in an apartment and cant get a clothesline up on my porch so i can't try to sun them
I did that towards the beginning too, luckily mine were only PF's so it wasn't a HUGE deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaurel View Post
I've forgotten to put a cover on a handfull of times....accidently dropped a poop in the washer and had to fish it out (by far the grossest thing yet ) and I've tossed non machine washable wool in the washer.

I haven't put any wool in the wash machine yet, but I seriously see it happening one of these days. DH changed DD the other day and put her knit soaker in the diaper pail.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:33 AM   #14
RosalieJake817
Registered Users

My Mood:

When Nolan was a newborn, I forgot to put a cover back on during middle of the night changes... we had a lot of wet sheets. I was in a post-partum haze.

My husband can't quite grasp that minkee pockets *do* have PUL in them, and is always putting a cover on over them thinking it's a fitted because it's soft. One of his biggest goofs was back when Lily was little. She finally had not so explosive poops so I was starting to trifold prefolds instead of snappi. I apparently had forgotten to tell him if he was going to trifold to use a smaller prefold. This is what I saw one night...nice.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:50 AM   #15
3boysmom
Registered Users

I did the accidently dropped poop in the machine.. but thats because DH didn't take it out, and just threw the poopy diaper in the diaper pail. Lol
Old 06-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #16
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had good luck, but I think the funniest oops was done by one of my bffs. She was watching Haydn for a few hrs while I was working and decided she'd put one of the cloth dipes on him before I picked him up. Trouble was I didn't have any dipes in the bag, only a fleece cover and a PUL cover. So, when I got there and picked him up he promptly peed on me through it, and I had to break it to her that she didn't have anything absorbent in there. Oops.
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:01 PM   #17
lotsa_girls
Registered Users
seller

I tossed the pink laundry bag we use for diapers in with a load of dipes one time and now I have all pink inserts and the aplix on all my BGs are pink. It was a total goof, but I really do love my pink inserts now.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:02 PM   #18
melissab1011
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I have a mutt with a dark brown inner..i had taken it off..not really looking..wiped his butt and went about my way..turns out the diaper had poop in it the exact color of the diaper..no wonder my wet bag stunk when I went to wash diapers!
Old 06-08-2008, 12:05 PM   #19
shmer24

Mostly DH,
but yesterday ds was in a pf and we needed to leave so I told him to put a PLU cover on him...he put a thirsties AIO over

About 2 months ago I asked him to get ds dressed to go to a Jazz game. I came in the room to find ds dress in a fitted, a onsie Jazz jersey, with Crankypants over it all.
I said, did you think the Cranky's would work even over the Jazz jersey

He's not allowed to dress anymore
Old 06-08-2008, 12:13 PM   #20
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

After a bad night of no sleep, I put DD in just a bummi's superbrite cover, thinking it was one of my pockets. Luckily I realized my mistake before she peed or that could have been a mess.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote