Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2008, 10:28 PM   #31
GinnyMama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What CDing goofs have you made?

So I got a big fluffymail day, my first one. And I washed everything together. My blue microfiber inserts bled all over all the other inserts, so now they all have a bluish tinge. AND my lemon haute pocket is now lime green. All the aplix are blue now, too. So I washed them all again to try and get some of the dye out, then threw them in the dryer. When I went to get them out, there was a DRYER SHEET stuck to one of the inserts! I don't even own dryer sheets! I don't know how it happened. Lol. So before even using the dipes, they were blue and dryed with a dryer sheet.

Then, the next day, I used a Thirsties pocket for the first time... not realizing it was a pocket diaper and needed an insert. It has a sewn-in one, so I thought it was an AIO. Big leak, lol!

Advertisement

Tristian, wife to Matt , nursing , cloth diapering, AP SAHM to my little girl, Ginny. Expecting #2 in October! Planning a UBAC!
GinnyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:02 PM   #32
attimama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyCentric View Post
I bought a bunch of dipes off ebay...nuff said
Yep! and I'm always doing some dumb absent minded laundry thing.

and

DH putting fitteds w/o a cover under ds' pjs---repeatedly.
attimama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:02 AM   #33
mommyof3monsters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Diaper Cream when we first started , we switched at the advise of our Dr ( yes mommas our 32 yr old MALE DOCTOR swears by cloth diapers) because ds kept getting these horrific rashes ( not constantly but they were about 1-2 a month coudlnt figure out why at all turns out it was the sposies) well no one said anything about rash cream LOL

AND ahhhh prefolds I did ok dh was terrified ( hey I went to walmart and got some gerber ones I didnt know there was other stuff out here boy do I now ) soooo I got my first fitted - forgot a cover WHOOOOOOOOOOPS

AND the first time using a pocket poor dh was holding ds and uh someone * mommy* had forgot about that insert thing .......

took me about 3 months to get the total hang of things now I got it and its been ALMOST a year ... and almost 5 months FULL TIME!!!!( with the occasional pull up if we're driving more than 4 hours OR dep on if we have to do something who watches the kiddos most of our friends are ok with doing cloth so is m y sil BUT we have one friend who is scared of cloth)
mommyof3monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:24 AM   #34
Apple_Dumplin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The night before last I was sooo sleepy while changing Avery's diaper. I actually don't remember doing it. I have a seperate shelf for night time diapers. I did manage to get a night time prepared diaper, but apparantly I somehow pulled out the hemp insert and just left one trifolded MF towel in there. LOL.. I found the hemp insert just laying to the side when I went to change her the next time. LOL Needless to say she was wet when she woke up!

ISO: OBGE's in like new or VGUC in Sassy, Ribbit, and Noodle- Please PM me!
Apple_Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:28 PM   #35
AJsMommy
Registered Users
seller

I've left ds in his daytime diaper overnight...He took a bath, I put him in a daytime diaper because he was going to play around to wear himself out, put his wool soaker over it so that I wouldn't forget that, and then he fell asleep 30 minutes later. I woke up in the morning to a HORRIBLY STINKY diaper and a rashy bum. Even the wool reeked of amonia. It was horrible. That's the only time I've really wanted to throw away a cd.
AJsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:32 PM   #36
Apple_Dumplin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I thought of another one!

One of the first fluffy mail I got off of FSOT, When I cut the edge off my package I cut through the back of the diaper. I hadn't spent a lot on it, but still! I was so sad!

ISO: OBGE's in like new or VGUC in Sassy, Ribbit, and Noodle- Please PM me!
Apple_Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote