Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #1
munkee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Stalking Goodmama site

And here's my rant. I like gm's. I want to use them. Yet I can't BUY one on the gm store, because of everybody who wants to buy them and then resell them to make a whole whopping what, $5? Seriously, I USE my gm's. They have stains, because my baby poops, apparently unlike every other gm owner on here. Now, I have bought some that have definitely been used (cared for, but used to their purposes), and that's fine. But I see them all the time - "worn once!" WHY?! And do you really think I believe that you put it on your child just one time? And then there's the people "never worn, just petted, selling for what I bought it for." Really? Why did you buy it?! To pet it? grrrrrrrr.....

For everyone selling one that's new, or worn once, WHY DID YOU BUY IT?! I understand selling a few from a wishbox or switchbox, but a lot of people have ten or so NEW ones listed in their "for trade" or whatever, and they want MORE GM'S. YOU ALREADY HAVE SOME, PUT THEM ON YOUR BABY!!!

GM's are not currency. They are not a status symbol, and even if they are, no one cares how many you have in the closet - they want to see them on the baby. They are diapers, and they are made to catch the pee and poop of a child. I would like them to be catching the pee and poop of MY child, but you people keep all the new ones in the closet and I hate you all for it.

Advertisement

ISO M swaddlebees wool natural color covers, 6 sposoeasy white snaps medium, goodmama trades (I have a ton)

would consider longies for 3-6 / 6-9 month and 2t (with big fitted diapers needing to fit underneath). prefer interlock, but you can try me!
munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:56 PM   #2
kotero
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stalking Goodmama site

I'm feeling perturbed right now too b/c I know people just scored a bunch on the stocking and will inevitably be selling them at an inflated price. I love them, and (gasp!) let my dd poop in them. I had four in my cart, but because the site went down, I wasn't logged in. And by the time I got signed back in b/c it was so slow, they were all gone. Ah well. But I will say, I will absolutely *not* buy any more off FSOT that are not listed at retail price. I don't hate anyone for buying them...but I agree with the pp that it is ridiculous to buy a GM if you don't intend to use it and to take advantage of those who do, by selling them to make a profit.

IDDDDDSO: Rainbow Spectrum, Leopard Latte, London
kotero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:57 PM   #3
neenahj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkee View Post
And here's my rant. I like gm's. I want to use them. Yet I can't BUY one on the gm store, because of everybody who wants to buy them and then resell them to make a whole whopping what, $5? Seriously, I USE my gm's. They have stains, because my baby poops, apparently unlike every other gm owner on here. Now, I have bought some that have definitely been used (cared for, but used to their purposes), and that's fine. But I see them all the time - "worn once!" WHY?! And do you really think I believe that you put it on your child just one time? And then there's the people "never worn, just petted, selling for what I bought it for." Really? Why did you buy it?! To pet it? grrrrrrrr.....

For everyone selling one that's new, or worn once, WHY DID YOU BUY IT?! I understand selling a few from a wishbox or switchbox, but a lot of people have ten or so NEW ones listed in their "for trade" or whatever, and they want MORE GM'S. YOU ALREADY HAVE SOME, PUT THEM ON YOUR BABY!!!

GM's are not currency. They are not a status symbol, and even if they are, no one cares how many you have in the closet - they want to see them on the baby. They are diapers, and they are made to catch the pee and poop of a child. I would like them to be catching the pee and poop of MY child, but you people keep all the new ones in the closet and I hate you all for it.

I feel you mama.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:58 PM   #4
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

This is not going to go well...so....
Old 06-09-2008, 02:00 PM   #5
mom2ljh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can understand the frustration. I bought 1 GM today, with the full intent of using it. I have 2 and would like 2 more, so I can have all the blues. So there's one left I need to get. I put mine on my baby as well and pees and, sometimes poops in them. They get washed immediately, as does any other diaper he poops in. So, I feel your frustration.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:00 PM   #6
munkee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, not a regular one, especially. I just bought one for $45 from a switch box (and it was new), and I'm not really grumbling about that. I mean, the only way to go is to get a box, and I understand some people can't keep 12, and that I don't mind. Yeah, I got booted out, too, so nothing.

Is there a limit on how many you can buy, because I had 10 in my cart and it said there weren't enough or they were out of stock, but then when I went back to look at the page to see if another color was available, it said mine was! And yes, I intended to use ALL 10. I may just try buying 3 next time and see how that goes. If there is a next time tonight... That's awfully late for me.

ISO M swaddlebees wool natural color covers, 6 sposoeasy white snaps medium, goodmama trades (I have a ton)

would consider longies for 3-6 / 6-9 month and 2t (with big fitted diapers needing to fit underneath). prefer interlock, but you can try me!
Old 06-09-2008, 02:01 PM   #7
Kathy66
Registered Users
seller

Well I bought one on hyena cart. I got caught up in the auction excitement and spent $75.01.

We can afford it so it wasn't that, but when it arrived, I realized that it just went against why I wanted to cloth diaper in the first place. Not that there is anything wrong if somebody's reasons are different than mine.

So, I never tried it on my baby, I'm not even sure that I unsnapped it. I just realized, I didn't want to spend $75 on a diaper and so listed it and sold it, and yes I took a loss, but it just makes me feel good that it's gone because it didn't make me feel good when it was on my shelf. I hope it makes the new owner very happy.

Honestly I bought a lot of things right before my ds was born and yet the ones that make me the happiest seem to be the mass produced KLO's and OCV Swaddlebee n/b diapers I bought. As he outgrows them, I'm going to be trying out a MEOS and a Sandy's and if they work, we'll switch to one of those, and maybe some Cricketts for night time.

So I think lots of time, people like me get caught up in the excitment and then realize it's just not what they want to do and so they set out to fix it by selling the diaper.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:02 PM   #8
munkee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2ljh View Post
I can understand the frustration. I bought 1 GM today, with the full intent of using it. I have 2 and would like 2 more, so I can have all the blues. So there's one left I need to get. I put mine on my baby as well and pees and, sometimes poops in them. They get washed immediately, as does any other diaper he poops in. So, I feel your frustration.
Congrats!

Old 06-09-2008, 02:04 PM   #9
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh my that sounds awful! I had no idea that this was going on. I hope you are able to get one soon!

Sorry for my newbie response.
Perhaps some of you can get together and get a switchbox and split it. That certainly would be frustrating to not get what you wanted.

Jennifer
Old 06-09-2008, 02:04 PM   #10
munkee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That doesn't bother me either. When you bought it, you intended to use it. I can respect realizing that's not what you want after you get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy66 View Post
Well I bought one on hyena cart. I got caught up in the auction excitement and spent $75.01.

We can afford it so it wasn't that, but when it arrived, I realized that it just went against why I wanted to cloth diaper in the first place. Not that there is anything wrong if somebody's reasons are different than mine.

So, I never tried it on my baby, I'm not even sure that I unsnapped it. I just realized, I didn't want to spend $75 on a diaper and so listed it and sold it, and yes I took a loss, but it just makes me feel good that it's gone because it didn't make me feel good when it was on my shelf. I hope it makes the new owner very happy.

Honestly I bought a lot of things right before my ds was born and yet the ones that make me the happiest seem to be the mass produced KLO's and OCV Swaddlebee n/b diapers I bought. As he outgrows them, I'm going to be trying out a MEOS and a Sandy's and if they work, we'll switch to one of those, and maybe some Cricketts for night time.

So I think lots of time, people like me get caught up in the excitment and then realize it's just not what they want to do and so they set out to fix it by selling the diaper.