Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-09-2008, 02:06 PM   #11
naivete
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stalking Goodmama site

A lot of people buy it because they get caught up in the hype of stalking, maybe they want to see what the fuss is about, maybe they're new and it's a way to jump in, maybe they got caught up and spent money they realized later they didn't really have. GM's have a lot of excitement about them, because they're loved, they're hard to get, and they create pages upon pages of stalking frenzy, so I don't blame people who get some, realize they aren't for them or they shouldn't have spent that money, and then re-sell them. So I can see why some people would have it come to the house, stare longingly at it and then reluctantly put it back up for sale.

(The people who strictly buy just to resell though, that I don't get. But that shouldn't happen too much any more, a lot of GMs are ending up sitting on FSOT or spots because people just won't pay that much any more)

A couple of mine have staining too I use em what they're for. I try to take good care of my diapers, but sometimes bub is sick and that sicky EBP is the worst to get out.

Advertisement

Old 06-09-2008, 02:09 PM   #12
Sillz
Registered Users

My Mood:

I sold my two GMs a little while back and they truly had only been used once or twice. They were my first GMs so I had no idea what the fit was like and we ended up not liking them. I sold them for $35ppd and have not bought another GM since.

Babywearing, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, baby-food-making, stay-at-home mommy to Adam (8/05) and Josh (7/07) [/CENTER]
Sillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:09 PM   #13
alysaysrelax
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovnbabygabi View Post
This is not going to go well...so....
alysaysrelax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:12 PM   #14
ktmo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I totally agree with your frustration. I am in the same boat. I am at a point where I don't mind paying $5/10 more on SPOTS/FSOT because I just wasted an hour of my time and got nothing. That is worth it to me. Not having to stalk and actually getting a diaper in the end.

Katie
Katie - DD#1 - 5/05 and DD#2 - 4/07
Search and Win with swagbucks
See my Shopping Reviews
ktmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:17 PM   #15
munkee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay, I feel better! It seems that the majority of moms want to try it, and it's not for them. That is much better than buying with the intent to resell. I thought that's what a lot of moms were doing, but that's what I get for assuming!

ISO M swaddlebees wool natural color covers, 6 sposoeasy white snaps medium, goodmama trades (I have a ton)

would consider longies for 3-6 / 6-9 month and 2t (with big fitted diapers needing to fit underneath). prefer interlock, but you can try me!
munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #16
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have GM's-- i've sold GM's worn once or twice or Not at all! Did I buy them with the intention of selling...no I didn't -- I love GM's-- I'm not all that into a fold down rise however-- my LO is only 6 months old and I think they will fit great once I don't have to fold down! when i have sold them it was to fund something else that I really wanted at the time-- and generally when you list a GM at a normal price it sells right away--- so that's the only reason I have sold them personally.
mms1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:02 PM   #17
LauraJplus4
Living the good life...everyday!
seller

My Mood:

I agree for the most part. I know I have been buying off FSOT but refuse to spend more than $40. I look at it like this: Once the person selling has paid for the diaper plus shipping, then I buy it, and they pay for shipping to me, $40 isn't a bad deal, and they didn't really make any money, KWIM. I have at least one I FULLY intend on selling because it's a duplicate color, and I failed to realize I already had one in theat color before I went crazy with my PP.

Hands spun, Had dyed yarns and fibers at http://hyenacart.com/splendor
LauraJplus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:25 PM   #18
angelica
Registered Users
seller

I am not stalking Goodmamas right now because it is too darn hard to get one. However, I feel your pain on lots of these diapers. The popular/good ones get snatched up within SECONDS of being listed, and then I see posts about "I bought x diaper even though I don't need anymore diapers." It drives me bonkers because there are people like me out there that are cloth diapering for the first time, and actually NEED these diapers! I don't want to get stuck buying all mass produced diapers simply because I don't get the chance to compete with moms that have 12 friends stalking a diaper that they don't really need.
angelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:39 PM   #19
CalebsMome
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well, personally, all this is why I wait until something is mass produced. In 3 mintues everything was gone. To me, that's ridiculous. I like my mass produced diapers, but would LOVE to try these cute diapers (they are WAY cuter than mass produced diapers. I hate it though because this is a WHAM, she needs the money, well she might not now, but originally she needed it. I want to help these sellers. I want to buy their diapers. Personally, I'll use anything. I've only had one type of diaper I didn't like and that was only because they tore up. I like to help them out, but I'll crawl back into my mass produced, pocket and AIO hole over here.
CalebsMome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:40 PM   #20
louieryansmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think that if people have the pp then why not spend it on what they want... I bought a red gm from spots and got it in themail, tried it on my ds and decided i didnt like it and it was too girly. I put it right up on fsot. I am also selling 2 mutts I just got today because I dont like the pattern of one and the second one was accidentally sent to me in a medium and ds doesnt wear medium. Did I buy them on the intention of selling them? no, but I am now. I am not a bad person for doing it,nor is anyone else. They are in their posession and it is their right to do with their dipes as they see fit. If you dont want to stalk or compete with mamas who get these, then buy them off fsot for no more than retail. There are plenty of nip gms that go for retail on here...