Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-09-2008, 03:56 PM   #21
kimanne4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stalking Goodmama site

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelica View Post
I am not stalking Goodmamas right now because it is too darn hard to get one. However, I feel your pain on lots of these diapers. The popular/good ones get snatched up within SECONDS of being listed, and then I see posts about "I bought x diaper even though I don't need anymore diapers." It drives me bonkers because there are people like me out there that are cloth diapering for the first time, and actually NEED these diapers! I don't want to get stuck buying all mass produced diapers simply because I don't get the chance to compete with moms that have 12 friends stalking a diaper that they don't really need.
I just want to say that I don't think anyone truely NEEDS a goodmama -want yes...but NEED?
...there are tons of WAHM diapers out there on HC that work great.

here look as these
http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=88339&vid=112

instock- you pick the serging. I have one of the MM OS diapers in a print and really like it.

I also think this stocking was especially hard b/c there has been a "dry spell"

Advertisement

Old 06-09-2008, 04:09 PM   #22
angelica
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimanne4 View Post
I just want to say that I don't think anyone truely NEEDS a goodmama -want yes...but NEED?
...there are tons of WAHM diapers out there on HC that work great.
I don't NEED a goodmama specifically. I posted that I wasn't trying to get any. I DO need diapers that actually work well, and I would like to give my money to WAHMs that make good products. It is just a pain to do tons of research to find out what works, and then not be able to purchase those dipes. KWIM? I am glad for the WAHMs that are making money. I am just frustrated with all of the posts about people buying diapers when they don't even NEED any more. I know it is addicting for some people, but it makes it hard for others to try the diapers. There may be tons of diapers on HC that work, but I NEED to get this newborn stash together, I have no prior CDing experience, and I am not willing to buy lots and lots of diapers that haven't been reviewed anywhere. Oh well, I guess I will just have to get better at stalking or start trying a few unknown WAHM dipes.

Last edited by angelica; 06-09-2008 at 04:15 PM.
angelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:17 PM   #23
naivete
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

.. or you could buy them used but in great condition? There's tons of GM's all over the board and on spots corner that aren't selling. Just disinfect as a precaution and you're good to go.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #24
Mom2Damon
Registered Users

My Mood:

May I suggest that you all try Rockstar Baby Wear dyed OBV fitteds? I have one and LOVE the fit on my ds. Now, I've never tried a GM to compare it to, but they're beautiful and fit great. When I get pg with #2 I will be asking, begging, pleading with Jamie to make me a bunch.
Mom2Damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:59 PM   #25
kimanne4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

GM is not the only reviewed diaper- seriously if you are looking for one-size fitteds (which I personally think are HUGE on a newborn) there are SOS and the mosaic moon fitteds- lots out there have great reviews!

but I do see how it can be frustrating to someone that wants to try the diaper but can't get one- then sees people posting that they just bought their 12th GM - i do get that...

I just wanted to point out that while I do love my GM's it isn't my only favorite diaper- there are quite a few other really good ones out there that have excellent reviews- look at review on The Diaper Pin and feedback on peoples HC.
and reading what people suggest for newborns on here. although in the end everyones baby is shaped differently and while one person loves one kind another doesn't- and until your baby comes you won't really know for sure what you like and don't.
I was so bummed by my sad little newborn stash and didn't like any of it!
I would totally do it differently now...
Old 06-09-2008, 05:05 PM   #26
mikoto127
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel you! What I hate most is when people are listing them FSOT for $50 or whatnot, and you PM them and offer them retail or less...and they are RUDE about it! WTH? You are selling it WAY marked up, and are rude to ME for wanting it for a decent price? And, I tried today...just for ONE, and I didn't even manage that. Gah.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:15 PM   #27
RealTimeMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

agreed
RealTimeMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:18 PM   #28
megamuffin0225
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by naivete View Post
.. or you could buy them used but in great condition? There's tons of GM's all over the board and on spots corner that aren't selling. Just disinfect as a precaution and you're good to go.
Yup. After 5 or 6 washes they aren't silky anymore anyway. I don't get why anyone wants to pay so much more $$ for a diaper that will drop about $10 in FSOT value after 5 washes...
megamuffin0225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:30 PM   #29
misstinytoes
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Yep, I'm feeling pretty similar at the moment. I wasted my day sitting around at both stockings and trying to score ONE, just ONE diaper and got all the way to the pp part and then was told it sold out (after my page crashed on me like 10 times in a row).

After it was all over with, I was feeling like...this is so %*$# ridiculous. This was my first GM stocking and I can honestly say there was no "FUN" involved. I was anxious sitting around waiting for the stocking to start, stressed out trying to make my purchase and then throughly dissapointed when I couldn't get one. On top of all of that I wasted time I could have been playing with my lo when I was just sitting on the computer.

I probably won't bother trying to sit through another stocking, it was too annoying and stressful for me. I do totally agree how annoying it is when mamas say they have a bazillion gm's and they are trying to get more just because. C'mon, do you really NEED 45 gm's??
Old 06-09-2008, 05:30 PM   #30
cadensmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i don't understand why people get their panties in a bunch over a diaper

Evrim and Ellowyn -- Just Released!

iKnit, iSpin, iDye all at ... Comfort Wool Blog and
cadensmama is offline   Reply With Quote