Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-09-2008, 05:05 PM   #1
mandanikki36
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
New here

Hi I am new here and to cloth diapers.I have an daughter who is 21 months and 21 weeks pregnant with identical boys.I have started buying some cloth diapers this week.What would you recommend getting.Like I said im new to this and know nothing.

Advertisement

mandanikki36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:21 PM   #2
chanelbarbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: New here

Oh, I'd love to hear replies to this, too! This is my first day here and I've just started using g diapers for my sixth baby and am feeling the need to delve more into cloth but I know, truly, NADA about cloth.....
chanelbarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:47 PM   #3
forsaken1216
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Depends on what your needs are. There's all in ones (AIO) prefolds, flats pockets, fitteds. Search through the site and on diaperpin to see what may interest you.

Bump for more help....
Old 06-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #4
mommycaitlin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would suggest some bumgenius 3.0 pockets. They were my first cloth diaper and they're super easy to use. They fit almost from birth to potty training. I think most people who start cding and give up are the people who try prefolds or flats first. They have a littl bit of a learning curve so I'd try something super simple.
mommycaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:49 PM   #5
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Hi! Welcome both of you to DS! Click the link in my siggy if you'd like a big sister to help you out personally on here and you can always pm me as well.

I really suggest browsing sites like cottonbabies.com, nickisdiapers.com, or jilliansdrawers.com. They have an overview of all the different types of cloth, as well as trial packages so you can see what system works best for your family.

Like the pp said, pockets are the easiest as far as transitioning to cloth from sposies. They come with an insert that you add in and you can add more inserts if you need something more absorbent. Prefolds are really great, affordable and fit a wide range of kids. I suggest greenmountaindiapers.com. They're prefolds are wider than standard sizes and that makes them easier to put on.

Lastly I suggest just lurking here! Read up on what people are raving about, and check out the links in the master sticky under Diaper Related chat. There's lots of info, pics of newborns, ways to fold...lots of other good faqs. HTH!
Old 06-09-2008, 07:40 PM   #6
melcarter
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used the site pinstripesandpolkadots.com to get started. I did not use them with my daughter (who is now 5) and in fact would have laughed if someone said I would be using cloth now. I started using sposies during my ds first month and then switched to cloth. I have used Bum Genius 3.0's and Fuzzi Bunz almost exclusively because they are so easy. I sent the BGs to daycare because they are just as simple as disposables. I highly recommend beginning with them for an easy transition.

Since I am a teacher, and home during the summer, I have decided to used fitted diapers and covers to see how I like them- just because the prints are so cute. I would be happy to help either of you in any way possible- I have converted 3 people to cloth. PM me with any questions!
melcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:50 PM   #7
Mo&Co
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi! I am new around these parts as well.
We just started CDing our YDS, Will, about 2-3 months ago. So far I LOVE it. To start out with I ordered the bumGenius 3.0 pockets. They are, by far, the easiest diapers I've used. After we got the routine down for a little bit we ordered some prefolds to use during those days we're just hanging around the house. I like using the prefolds because I can put super cute printed covers on his bum My DH has even started using the PFs (I never thought he would). So now we save the BGs for going out and at sitters.
I never cloth diapered my older son, and like the PP, if someone would have told me that I would be doing it with my 2nd I would have laughed. But in all seriousness I am so glad we made the switch.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #8
KatieKas
Registered Users

My Mood:

I just started CD about a month ago. I didn't know what to get even though some friends IRL had some good suggestions. I ended up getting the package deal at nickisdiapers.com and 1 set of 12 regular chinese prefolds and 3 diaper covers (super whisper wrap velcro, super whisper wrap snaps and thirsties cover) and one snappi. The pail liner and the diapers were about $150. I was really happy with that stash to start with. The package included 1 bumgenius 3.0, 1 haute pockets, 1 happy heineys and 1 Mother's touch. I liked trying the different kids to see what worked best. I like them all. HTH.

Last edited by KatieKas; 06-09-2008 at 08:07 PM.
KatieKas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:35 PM   #9
blue_eyed_peas
Registered Users
Formerly: mom23punkins

My Mood:

I've only been cd'ing since April of this year and haven't tried a whole lot, but my faves are Fuzzi Bunz. You will not be dissapointed with them. I love how my dd's tush stays dry in these. They come in pretty colors too. www.nickisdiapers.com has free shipping on pockets.