Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-09-2008, 07:35 PM   #1
wrapunzel
Registered Users
seller

I'm sooo stinking frustrated!!!

I cd'ed ds back in 2007 for like 1-2 months, got frusterated (mostly b/c of ppd) and gave up. Sold everything - which I was in LOVE with, and now here I am, really NEEDING and WANTING to cd again! The only difference is back then I had plenty of extra money to just start up cd'ing again. Now....yeah not so much. Things are really tight around here, especially with DH needing to quit his job asap after the new baby - it's NOT a healthy environment for him and if he keeps at it he'll not live past 40 I think (just incredibly stressful and horrid hours and working conditions like no air, etc.)

Anyway....i'm so frusterated b/c I want to start with DS NOW - he's like in a size 4 sposie, and still I want to start buying now for the babe in November - and yet I get so helpless feeling!!!! I have a few things otw from ffs, but in the house right now I have two MEOS's, that's it. Ugh. I want to start NOW.

I found an incredible deal this morning - a mama on another board had her entire stash for an amazing price - I mean, this caused me to be in TEARS b/c it's exactly what I need - even to the point of having smalls & mediums and WOOL!!) and I was thrilled...pm'ed real fast and guess what - yup, I was too late. *sigh* I cried - it's so silly to cry over it, right?

Though hey - if Ry's in 4 sposies now, what would he probably be in cloth? Large?

Blech...I'm just sooo getting worn out of looking and searching and looking and searching and being so silly strapped for the cash that I can't. Thinking maybe OS would work best b/c they'd work for both kids, hopefully. Then again....sheesh.

That and I miss my old stash.

Advertisement

Last edited by wrapunzel; 06-09-2008 at 07:37 PM.
wrapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:40 PM   #2
kthoelen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm sooo stinkin frusterated!!!

mama. pming you.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:44 PM   #3
mommy2alex2004
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm sooo stinkin frusterated!!!

I can't remember what size range that size 4 fits. I know my DD weighs 21 pounds at 19 mo and is 32" tall. She wears mediums on the tightest or next to tightest snaps on everything. She is pretty petite though.

I *think* I remember you. I am sorry you sold off everything and missed out on the great deal! Bummer!
Ask me how!
mommy2alex2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:22 PM   #4
chataine
Is This Nirvana?
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm sooo stinking frustrated!!!

pm'ing you mama
Old 06-09-2008, 10:27 PM   #5
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wish I had some boyish stuff to offer you

Sakura Knit YYMN giveaway at 100 fans!
~Peach~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:38 PM   #6
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For the new baby, flats and cheap generic microfiber towels like from Wal-mart are THE BOMB. That combo lasts for hours and it so cheap it's crazy.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:50 PM   #7
kaireece
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My LO is (was) in a size four sposie (we just switched to cloth) and I have him in OS dipes, or larges. He could fit in most mediums still I think - but I just sized up cause he's only getting bigger

GL finding some stuff! I saw that deal you tried to get - it was a steal - I would've cried too

ISO: restraint.
kaireece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:04 PM   #8
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How well does he fit into a size 4 sposie? My DS wore size 4 sposies for a while, and then I realized he could fit into a size 5 and it would still work well and absorb more. (We use sposies for nighttime)

Is your DS on the low end of a size 4, or the high end?
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:22 AM   #9
todzwife
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

If I was in your situation I'd work on getting OS diapers for sure. DD stayed in smalls for SO long and finally after getting a diagnosis for her lack of growth, she's starting to grow, but I didn't want to spend a ton of money on mediums JIC she grew more and needed large before she potty trained etc. so we went with OS diapers.
We really like motherease OS (but I had to add snaps or we got wing droop), Haute pockets (at www. nickisdiapers.com) and bumgenius OS pockets.

Another option would be to do prefolds. They are cheap. Or cheap fitteds at www.babybunz.com (snugglebottoms) they are great, simple and easy.

Do you sew at all? The Rita's Rump pattern is free and would be pretty simple to whip up a few dozen of them (they are OS).

There are some great packages at www.clothdiaper.com and www.integritydiapercompany.com (I think that's the URL).
todzwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:53 AM   #10
seannamarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would recommend Recycled wool for covers if you're strapped for cash... You can find some for VERY cheap, VERY functional, and actually pretty cute

And flats are your best bet for fitting a NB & your oldest one, and they're not bad to use!