Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2006, 03:13 PM   #1
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:
What to do - leave neutral or what?

I shipped some diapers to someone on 8/15 and I didn't get DC on them (stupid, I know). I normally ship via paypal so it isn't a problem, it's already included, but I couldn't ship via paypal that time because they didn't provide an address (in paypal) and they wanted me to mail them to a different address because they had just moved.

Fine, so I took them to the PO, and shipped them, because I couldn't do it via paypal. I didn't even think to get DC on the package. It was only going to the next state, so I really didn't anticipate any problems.

Supposedly, they've never arrived. It's been 5 weeks now, so I refunded her today.. a whopping $28 that I really don't have, on top of selling these particular diapers at a loss (losing about $6 on each diaper) This person has *zero* feedback here. Now, I *know* I shipped the diapers, but I really have no way of knowing if they ever arrived or not because I didn't have DC.

Do I leave feedback? What kind? I really feel like I've gotten ripped off here.. I honestly wonder if this person didn't perhaps see that there was no DC on the package when they got it, and has chosen to capitalize on that fact by claiming they never arrived The fact that they have ZERO feedback makes me suspicious as well.

I mean I guess there's a chance that they didn't arrive, but I have *never* had a package get lost like this... not shipping from the APC at least, and dropping the package off *inside* the PO.

Grr

Advertisement

EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:04 PM   #2
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

Re: What to do - leave neutral or what?

If this person paid, they have fulfilled their end of the bargain and that deserves nothing less than a positive feedback. To leave anything other than a positive is just wrong since you cannot provide proof of having shipped the package. The fact that they have no feedback is irrelevant imo. Not getting dc was your mistake. It sucks though.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:57 PM   #3
FunnyMonkey
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think you need to leave positive too, but please mention in there that you forgot to get dc, the package was lost & you refunded. That way if it's something fishy, the next person it happens to will see it there. I don't think there is anyway to know for sure - sometimes things really do get lost in the mail.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:50 PM   #4
ObsessedShopper
Banned
seller

Aww I'm sorry Momma. I'm dealing with a similar situation, only being the one who bought something and it doesnt have DC on it and it hasn't arrived yet. It's one of those never know situations unless it shows up. You can file a lost package form @ the usps I believe our mailman told me after 60 days. That way if they can figure out if it was delivered she can be in trouble for mail fraud.

As for feedback, I believe that momma deserves + for paying as well as you do for refunding and being easy to work with.

Good Luck to you
ObsessedShopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:14 PM   #5
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:

Hmm.. well I went ahead and left neutral after talking to DH about it again (he even remembers me shipping these particular diapers because we got in an argument over even stopping by the PO that evening). It doesn't count against her, we didn't have a "bad" transaction, but we didn't have an especially positive one either (it took her several weeks to finalize the deal and actually pay for these diapers). I've still lost money though. I KNOW I SHIPPED THE DIAPERS - how does that put ME at fault? Why should I have to PROVE anything at this point when I'm out money because I refunded her in full? What if she's a liar and HAS the diapers and just wants to claim she never got them because she saw there was no DC on the package - I *know* there are people that do that. After the "hazard" scam on the pin I wouldn't put something like that past anyone anymore.

I'll consider it a lesson learned - always get DC, no matter what, but I was in a hurry, I COULD NOT ship via paypal becuase she didn't provide an address with her payment (it wouldn't let me add on either ), so I had to ship it at the PO when I was already running late for DS's open house at school, and I just didn't think to add the DC. I at least got the diapers mailed, and on the SAME DAY that she paid... but I guess it's still ALL MY FAULT - seriously, WTF makes that fair?

Why would I lie about any of this, when I've already stepped up and refunded her? It's not like she filed with PP and I refunded her after that (she hadn't filed), I refunded her because it just seemed like the right thing to do, but I am still VERY annoyed by the whole situation.

In the future, I think if I can't ship via paypal for whatever reason (no address, for example), I'm just going to refund the payment and let them know why. If they want to re-send me the payment, along with a $3 fee to cover my cost of gas (the PO is 12 miles away) and the extra cost of getting DC on non-electronic postage, then I'll go out of my way to mail their stuff, otherwise, NEVER AGAIN!
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:39 PM   #6
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry, but I still think you are wrong to leave anything less than positive. You dropped the ball by not having DC. Not the buyer's problem.

(see my siggy warning! )
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:10 PM   #7
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

I also don't think it was fair to leave the buyer neutral. If someone said they sent you a package, you never got it, and they refunded you, how would you feel if they left you neutral? You'd probably be annoyed. I know I would.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:15 PM   #8
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

DC is to protect the seller. It is in your best interest to get it no matter what. You forgot, the fault does completely lay in your hands.

Who knows if the mama actually has the items in her hands or not....you will never know. But had you remembered DC you would know.

How would you feel in the other side of this. A mama SAYS she sent your package, but forgot DC, and you never recieved it. You would be pretty upset about recieving neutral feedback in the deal wouldnt you?
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:37 PM   #9
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

it wasn't a positive transaction though so pos fb shouldn't be left. if you really think about it, it WAS a nuetral trans nak excuse typos
Old 09-25-2006, 10:04 PM   #10
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know how it is when you feel like you got screwed over, but can't do anything about it. I've had a couple fishy ebay transactions. I hope she wasn't lying and the package ends up coming back to you. I talked to a WAHM the other day who just had a package come back after 6 months, so you never know!
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote