Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2008, 11:08 PM   #1
Michellelg
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:
Help with considering SN adoption..

I've been researching a lot and still am but I thought you mamas might have experience and could chime in.

We are considering a few cases that have "tremors". They have normal head sonograms and are developmentally on target.

Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing?

M

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2008, 11:22 AM   #2
mom23girls
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Help with considering SN adoption..

I would try and find a pediatrician that specializes in reviewing medical records for adopted children. Tremors could mean several things most of which would be neurological in nature (not to state the obvious): a seziure disorder, a white matter issue, some sort of tramma to the head, a fall out from fetal alcohol exposure OR it could be nothing to worry about - it would be hard to tell without having someone review the medical records. Head size would be important but I would try and look directly at the child - how does the child 'track' with his eyes. Most children who have neurological problems have more of a 'blank' look to them in my experience.

How old are the children? It's hard to tell before 18 mos true developmental issues unless the gross/fine motor systems are involved - the range of 'normal' is so varied at this age.

What types of tremors are the children having? How often? How much are they noticable. I'm asking because the age of the child might better indicate the type of problem - a newborn for example might have tremors due to withdrawal from alcohol/drugs while this wouldn't be the issue for an older child.

Hopefully this helps!
Old 06-14-2008, 08:29 PM   #3
speechjane
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Help with considering SN adoption..

No experience with that, but we adopted a SN child and have never looked back. Good luck!
speechjane is offline   Reply With Quote