Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2008, 11:31 PM   #1
Katiebear
Registered Users

My Mood:
Why Do We Need a GM

DH and I have a diaper rule - we try not to spend more than $15-17 on a single diaper... but I have goodmama fever! I reeeeeaaaally want one (I had gm dreams last night - I kid you not!), and I'm trying to convince him to let me buy one.

So I need your experienced help: What are the reasons to get one? How are they different from other dipes (besides the fact that they are so squishy and soft and they make me want to rub them all over my face )?

I know that we don't need one, but if we can make it work financially, what are all the reasons for owning one?

Advertisement

Katiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:33 PM   #2
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why Do We Need a GM

because if you don't like it or it doesn't work out for you, the resell value is so high, you don't really lose any money on it.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:37 PM   #3
momtomy4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You NEED one because they are too purty and work really well. We can go with just a GM for 3 hours and DD's sensitive prone bottom is fine... I them!
Old 06-11-2008, 11:39 PM   #4
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

men understand money... I showed DH the Spots auction for the $205 GM... even if I don't plan to auction it, he THINKS it's a possibility and the world is OK.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:41 PM   #5
mikoto127
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with the pp, that's how I convinced DF to let me keep the one I snagged today (that something can appreciate in value, even after being pooped in)!
Old 06-11-2008, 11:44 PM   #6
rosarian01
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well, here are my rationalizations, and keep in mind I have resisted them for a really long time because I love prefolds. I have finally joined the GM bandwagon though.

1. The one-size feature means less hassle with buying extra diapers. If you have to spend $17 for a medium diaper and then another $17 for a size large, you are coming close in price to one GM.

2. I did not get how absorbent they were until we started having toddler night pee, which could soak through even doubled prefolds in no time flat. I only have one GM right now (and, er, a greedy amount of swirly goodness on the way), but it's the one diaper that stands up to the flooding the best, especially with the awesome super doubler.

3. I am discovering I like snaps. I was an aplix lover before (with BumGenius Bamboo Fitteds) or pins and snappis with prefolds. Aplix my little monkey can now open, and he does with great glee. Pins and Snappis are becoming difficult to get on my squirmy toddler, and DH has done them wrong more than a few times and the little man has gotten some pokes in his privates. Not cool.

4. I am a huge believer in natural fibers, and the OBV ones are luscious and breathable.

5. The fit is really wonderful.

6. The customer service is awesome, and I admire Suzanne so much- she really has a presence and I feel good about buying her products. Her communication is excellent.

7. The soaker unsnaps so you can wash them thouroughly and dry them fairly quickly.

8. I do love seeing the different color combinations. They are gorgeous! I don't have any prints yet but I think they are amazing.

9. The resell value is excellent. If gosh-forbid I ever had to, they are easily sellable into new homes.

10. I am hoping to be able to use them for potential siblings.

Becoming a total addict!
rosarian01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:44 PM   #7
joanna19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well you need to try one at least once to see what all the hub-ub us about right?
Seriously, they are nice diapers, they did not fit my dd very good for awhile, but now they fit wonderfully.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:46 PM   #8
cherisbabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Beacause they are simply the most purty, squishy, yumminess ever!
Seriously, I love the way they fit DD, they are one size so they last a loooong time, they are really absorbant(for us at least), like the pp said great resale value (if you can ever part with one ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
men understand money... I showed DH the Spots auction for the $205 GM... even if I don't plan to auction it, he THINKS it's a possibility and the world is OK.
Great point, Im going to use that one on DH.

iso newborn dipes and woolies in boyish or gn.
cherisbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:50 PM   #9
cherisbabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosarian01 View Post
6. The customer service is awesome, and I admire Suzanne so much- she really has a presence and I feel good about buying her products. Her communication is excellent.

Oh I forgot that one! Terrific customer service, and I love supporting a WAHM!

iso newborn dipes and woolies in boyish or gn.
cherisbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:55 PM   #10
IndieBambino
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebear View Post
DH and I have a diaper rule - we try not to spend more than $15-17 on a single diaper... but I have goodmama fever! I reeeeeaaaally want one (I had gm dreams last night - I kid you not!), and I'm trying to convince him to let me buy one.

So I need your experienced help: What are the reasons to get one? How are they different from other dipes (besides the fact that they are so squishy and soft and they make me want to rub them all over my face )?

I know that we don't need one, but if we can make it work financially, what are all the reasons for owning one?
honestly, I say stay away, you dont need one, there are alot of great diapers out there, many that are better IMO. I had about 35 at one time and sold them all for various reasons. Speaking from experience, they are more trouble than they're worth.
IndieBambino is offline   Reply With Quote