Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2008, 11:55 PM   #11
Katiebear
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Why Do We Need a GM

Good points, mamas! I'm getting closer to convincing him. He's all "what? they don't fit every baby all the time?" ::rolls eyes:: He's coming around, I think!

Advertisement

Katiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:56 PM   #12
Katiebear
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieBambino View Post
honestly, I say stay away, you dont need one, there are alot of great diapers out there, many that are better IMO. I had about 35 at one time and sold them all for various reasons. Speaking from experience, they are more trouble than they're worth.
Because they're hard to get a hold of? Hard to use?
Old 06-11-2008, 11:59 PM   #13
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosarian01 View Post
Well, here are my rationalizations, and keep in mind I have resisted them for a really long time because I love prefolds. I have finally joined the GM bandwagon though.

1. The one-size feature means less hassle with buying extra diapers. If you have to spend $17 for a medium diaper and then another $17 for a size large, you are coming close in price to one GM.

2. I did not get how absorbent they were until we started having toddler night pee, which could soak through even doubled prefolds in no time flat. I only have one GM right now (and, er, a greedy amount of swirly goodness on the way), but it's the one diaper that stands up to the flooding the best, especially with the awesome super doubler.

3. I am discovering I like snaps. I was an aplix lover before (with BumGenius Bamboo Fitteds) or pins and snappis with prefolds. Aplix my little monkey can now open, and he does with great glee. Pins and Snappis are becoming difficult to get on my squirmy toddler, and DH has done them wrong more than a few times and the little man has gotten some pokes in his privates. Not cool.

4. I am a huge believer in natural fibers, and the OBV ones are luscious and breathable.

5. The fit is really wonderful.

9. The resell value is excellent. If gosh-forbid I ever had to, they are easily sellable into new homes.

10. I am hoping to be able to use them for potential siblings.
i agree with the above!
MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:00 AM   #14
Griffinsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought one because I just HAD to see one and see what all the talk was about. It arrived and it was cute and soft and shiny, but really just another high end diaper. I expected to open the bag and hear angels singing, so I gotta say I was a little let down. Then I remembered I also hate OS fitteds and exposed snaps. What was I thinking?
Griffinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:01 AM   #15
KristenDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I want one now!!
KristenDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:02 AM   #16
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

If you're curious, give one a try. But, if you have the "don't buy anything above $15" policy, you might not want to. If you really like it, you won't ever be able to find any for that price.
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:04 AM   #17
IndieBambino
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebear View Post
Because they're hard to get a hold of? Hard to use?
for me it was a combination of things, including the drama, the snap marks, the soaker being too long on the changed pattern, a poor CS experience, snap problems (placed wonky or broken off a few times), and that they loose their softness in a couple of months depending on your water. Also the rise on the prints is shorter than the OBV's. For me it didnt justify the cost.
IndieBambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:04 AM   #18
Katiebear
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tararaboomdeea View Post
If you're curious, give one a try. But, if you have the "don't buy anything above $15" policy, you might not want to. If you really like it, you won't ever be able to find any for that price.
I know. One of the ladies that I blog with got one, and I wanted her to tell me that it was terrible and not worth it, but no. She loves it.

And yeah. I might want to buy more! I do have my limits though. While some mama was totally blessed at getting a box of 6 of those new prints, there was no WAY that I would consider spending the $725 that she did!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 12:05 AM   #19
joanna19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oops, double post
Old 06-12-2008, 12:05 AM   #20
Katiebear
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieBambino View Post
for me it was a combination of things, including the drama, the snap marks, the soaker being too long on the changed pattern, a poor CS experience, snap problems (placed wonky or broken off a few times), and that they loose their softness in a couple of months depending on your water. Also the rise on the prints is shorter than the OBV's. For me it didnt justify the cost.

Those are fair points. Thanks for your imput!!