Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-12-2008, 02:55 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Sibling Groups & Uganda Anyone???

DH and I are beginning our second adoption in August. We have felt led to work towards bringing home sibling group of 3 from Uganda, Africa. Anyone have any experience with this country or bringing home this many children? I'd love all the advice I can get!!

Our daughter was adopted domestically and we have a wonderful relationship with her birthmother. I'm really looking forward to bringing some siblings home for her, but keep getting people telling me I'm crazy or overdoing it. I don't feel that way and neither does DH, but it is overwhelming when I have not had ONE positive comment about it.

Maria to Mark
Mommy to Shiloh 10/07
Working towards our next adoption from Uganda
Check out my WAHM link:
rhythmsofgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:17 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Sibling Groups & Uganda Anyone???

You can do it. Dont let anyone discourage you from doing this. I know a single mama that adopted siblings from Colombia. The twins were 5 and the baby girl was 3. It was actually easier she said than with her last adoption of 1 because the children didnt feel so frightened and adjusted well since they did have someone around that they could relate too. It was a struggle, communicating with the spanish speaking children, but she love it so much she did it again, this time from Nicaragua. And she is doing it all as a single mom in her mid 30's. We are considering (and planning) on adopting siblings too! We havent really focused on any country yet. Im open to any country, but DH wants to narrow it down to certain ones. I strongly encourage you and your DH to go with it. I have a great friend from Uganda and have been there once. The people are beautiful and very easy going. I think you will have an excellent experience and almost all of the children speak english, so that will make it even easier for adjustment. GOD Bless..
BouncyBottomsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:13 PM   #3
Registered Users

i can't believe anyone would give you a negative reaction to this! you are doing a wonderful thing mama, and don't you forget it!
newmommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:42 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Our agency has been sending us information about Uganda as well. We are considering a sibling group of two. I don't think it's crazy at all.
Wife to my bestie, Momma to three homegrown and two Ukrainians grown in my heart,Daughter of the King.
andreusmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

don't let anyone discourage you from doing what you're being led to do. Walking in obedience to God will bring you far more matter how many children you bring home. Yes, having 3 new children will be work but if this is what you're suppose to do He will give you the grace to handle it. ((hugs))

BTW, I don't know much about Uganda adoptions but will probably be traveling there next year to do some humanitarian aid with a missionary friend of mine.

We're adopting from Ethiopia right now.
[CENTER]mom to Addison (11) Canaan (5) and our Ethiopian princess Mercy (3)
addiesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

i know of a great organization that may be able to assist you or at least point you in the right direction... its called watoto... they care for many if not thousands of orphans in uganda. their website is hope this helps. if you need more help let me know and ill get in touch with some friends who have contacts over there to assist you more. pm anytime
Mama to Eli Rivers, Levi Wolf, Leland Malachi
in my heart forever Skyler Hope, Noah Journey, Natalina Grace, & Jebediah Willow
awaiting His timing in our children from Africa
sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote