Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2008, 02:31 PM   #11
Mom2KG
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Since when did GMs use Cotton Velour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama*ashleigh View Post
I've thought this too...but why didn't the price go down on our end??
oh I didn't realize the prices are the same. I don't even know what a new GM goes for these days.

Advertisement

Mom2KG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:33 PM   #12
summersonshine0407
Registered Users
seller

On her site, it said the OBV will be offered with prints, too. They'll just be offered at different times.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:37 PM   #13
cdmd1023
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

it just doesnt make sense. wasnt the reason production was so slow because bv was so hard to get in the states, now we see the diapers are not even made ot bv, but cv which is cheap and easy to get in the states. doesnt add up to me. Im all for gms. awesome, but I dont think people should be paying $37,50 for these new prints when they are CV. even if it stays softer, there is a reason people want BV, its much more absorbant and not a poly blend.
Baby #3 is on the way! EDD 10/28/11
cdmd1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:42 PM   #14
glockchick
Registered Users
Formerly: ShannaLeah
seller

My Mood:

The cotton velour is and 80/20 blend so it will stay just like new wash after wash. The downside is that it has 20% poly content. The changes in the fabric after washing a few times were quite a few people's big gripes about GM so I would say Suzanne is listening to her customer base and doing what they want. I'll stick with the natural OBV though.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:42 PM   #15
ForCryingOutLoud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

New prints are $35 and there is bamboo/cotton in the soaker.
Quote:
Core is absorbent organic cotton/bamboo fleece, lining is another layer of soft pink 80/20 cotton/poly velour.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:44 PM   #16
carbandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We didnt have to pay what we did, it was our choice to do it. I am glad it did. Those longs look so purdy!
Old 06-12-2008, 02:44 PM   #17
MicrobioMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmd1023 View Post
it just doesnt make sense. wasnt the reason production was so slow because bv was so hard to get in the states, now we see the diapers are not even made ot bv, but cv which is cheap and easy to get in the states. doesnt add up to me. Im all for gms. awesome, but I dont think people should be paying $37,50 for these new prints when they are CV. even if it stays softer, there is a reason people want BV, its much more absorbant and not a poly blend.
If people think it is too much to pay then they won't buy them. People who make things can charge whatever they want, it isn't about making it fair to whovever wants to buy the product. Production was slowed down because there was a lack of OBV, and I bet thats when Suzanne decided to buy some velour so that she had options for making diapers in case a shortage were to occur again. I think she has caught up with all of the boxes that were late due to the OBV shortage and is moving on.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:45 PM   #18
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was thinking the same thing and wondering why the prices didn't come down on them.... the little bit in the soaker can't make it that much more expensive can it?
mms1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:46 PM   #19
Belle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmd1023 View Post
it just doesnt make sense. wasnt the reason production was so slow because bv was so hard to get in the states, now we see the diapers are not even made ot bv, but cv which is cheap and easy to get in the states. doesnt add up to me.
The WB and SB diapers are still OBV. The singles she sold on Monday were/are OBV. And those were what was slowing up production. Now that they are about done, and she has found a new source for BV, production is picking up. These new prints are the only ones that have been made in the cotton/poly blend so far. Does that make sense?

Quote:
Im all for gms. awesome, but I dont think people should be paying $37,50 for these new prints when they are CV.
I think they are only $35 for the new prints. The BV are 37.50. Either way, I think people should pay what they want. I think DS has been round and round on this...if you don't like them, or think they are too expensive, just don't buy them. My hubby thinks they are too expensive, so I buy them instead.

Quote:
even if it stays softer, there is a reason people want BV, its much more absorbant and not a poly blend.
It didn't seem like she had trouble selling out the prints in the new poly blend. I think if it ends up not working for people she will get plenty of feedback!!
Old 06-12-2008, 02:47 PM   #20
naivete
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Probably because it's easier to get and to make sure production doesn't grind to a halt again in the future. I bet when they hit the wall with BV shipments that's probably when they looked into this and started making the prints with the new inners, so they'd have something actually in stock soon and not just lots of wishboxes. I'd rather a partial poly GM then no new GMs at all!