Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-26-2006, 08:23 PM   #11
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:
Re: Question for those who cosleep w/ a older baby

My bed is also very high. DD sleeps on one side and me on the other with my 2 yr old son in the middle. He has rolled over Destiny before, don't ask me how and has fallen off. There is some cushion there, so he wasn't hurt, just startled. When Destiny doesn't sleep in my bed I turn the other pillow sideways. When hubby gets to sleep in there he will also turn the pillow when he gets up. Most of the time, the kids kick him to the couch!! Poor daddy!!! lol

I am however, gettting ready to take one side off the crib and put it in the corner and attach it to my bed like that post awhile back with bungies, and turn my bed onto the other wall with it. With a new baby coming this will work out much better. I can't remember who posted that, but thank you !! I never even thought of it before!

Advertisement

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:34 PM   #12
happyhomemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: Question for those who cosleep w/ a older baby

We use a bedrail on one side and the other side is against the wall. We also taught our son to slide off the end of the bed feet first. However last night he was standing on the end of the bed trying to tickle my feet and fell over backwards right onto the hardwood floor OUCH. So even though we try it can still happen.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:14 PM   #13
For The Love Of Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: tmolly
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have taken the side off the crib and tied the crib bed frame with a rope so there's no place for ds to fall thru. He spends 50/50 there snuggled up to me or between dh and me in king size bed. Our 5 yr old ds also climbs in during the night and takes whichever place is open. There have been no falls in 1 1/2 years.
For The Love Of Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:52 AM   #14
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

We slept with dc in the middle of us, both of us are light sleepers and would feel her trying to crawl over or around. When dh leaves for work I too get up and would make a pillow barricade. Once she figured out the pillows I'd make a pillow "landing" on the floor just in case. My kids are early birds so I was always close by when they woke up. They each fell off once but thankfully it was onto the pillow landing and they thought it was fun. I think they fell off the couch (wide awake) more than the bed.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:15 AM   #15
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

We just use pillows, but honestly she is usually surrounded by her other sisters and me and dad. So dh is the one that gets booted.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:38 PM   #16
aschrimp
Registered Users

Our ds had started standing up at the bed rail and I was sure he would fall over the edge, so we pushed the bed up against the wall (bed rail still attached so he can't fall between the wall and mattress). It was actually the very next day that he fell out of the bed - on the other side! Poor dh just about had a heart attack, he was so upset!
I hooked up the baby monitor (which I'd never ever used before) so that I can hear when he starts moving around and catch him before he goes crawling off the other edge. It hasn't happened again since that one time.
We've tried teaching him to go down backwards, but he hasn't caught on to that one yet.

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 09:30 PM   #17
jillkuster
Registered Users
seller

We had an great sleigh bed frame, and had to take it to storage in the basement. We now do the mattress on the floor thing too.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:38 PM   #18
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

We have our box spring and mattress on the floor too. I do place pillows around the edges to prevent hard falls.

At night when we sleep, it's me on one side, DD, DH and then DS. Sometimes I end up with a child on both sides. Either way, Ashley's blocked in.
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:47 AM   #19
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We usually only co-sleep on the nights that DH works late (which is usually just Monday and Tuesday)... We have the bed pushed up against the wall and when I put Bram down for the night, I lay him down sideways. Though, he can't roll right now (but he can crawl) so I'm betting we will have to put the mattress on the floor too once he becomes more mobile again.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:56 AM   #20
ecomama7
Registered Users
seller

Well we have a cosleeper that's right next to our bed. i put him to sleep in that when we go to sleep but he wakes up once in the middle of the night and i just move him next to me. he's on the outside but the cosleeper is there so he can't fall off.

when dd was a babe i honestly didn't do anything special. i think i put pillows on the floor in case she did fall off. i don't remember her falling off at all...i think because i always thought about it being a possiblity so i woke up alot in the night just to make sure.

ds actually did fall off the bed last weekend though. i was staying at my mil's house and slept in my dh's lil sisters bed. so it was me, dd, and ds in a little twin bed. (don't ask me why i didn't put him next to the wall instead of dd.i don't know) i heard a BOOM in the night and sat up real quick and there was poor lil elijah face down on the floor screaming his head off. i felt SOOOO bad. hopefully we won't have anything like that happen EVER again!!
ecomama7 is offline   Reply With Quote