Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2008, 08:17 PM   #1
lovemyzoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wool longies/shorties

Which would be better for sleeping in the summer?
Also do can you get them for older kids, like preschool? My DD is 6 and if I stuff her happy heniy training enough she doesn't leak through they are too poofy and leak down her skinny legs.
I was thinking that if I could get some wool pull ones to us over her trainers at night I could stuff alittle less, keep the pull up factor(and stay away from diaper looking) and not have wet sheets every morning.. Or would they not solve the problems? DO I need to look for none knitted wool pull on pants?

She used to use wool as a baby and toddler and didn't leak if I used the right inserts, so I was thinking they might be my answer again.

Advertisement

Old 06-13-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
littlemisses
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wool longies/shorties

I woulds say for summer probably shorties. Also I do toddler size which would probably fit a preschooler if not you could ask me or any other momma for a custom slot. And personally I don't know about wether wool would work over a trainer,but it could I haven't personally tried it.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:43 AM   #3
lovemyzoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The trainers she uses are just like many pockets, PUL with fleec on the inside. I know what worked when she was little but finding it in pull on style isn't happening. I think she would love knitted pants too she is such a hippy to be honest.. She is small, even at 6 she is only about 42lbs, and wearing a size 4/5T..
Old 06-14-2008, 03:04 AM   #4
Knits on Earth
Registered Users
Formerly: eden/averymumm
seller

My Mood:

shorts versus longies to sleep in really depends on how warm your house is and whatyour LO likes. I have twins, sleeping in the same room. one is always naked with no blankets. the other always wears PJ's and blankets.

Knits on Earth, custom knits
Knits on Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 05:25 AM   #5
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

my 1 month old sleeps in longies and my two year old sleeps in shorties.

If you wanted to try wool for her cheap you could felt a wool sweater and just lay some shorts that fit her on top the sweater..Cut around them leaving enough room for your seams.Flip inside out and stitch sides and crotch and then do the waist however you want. I made a pair of felted wool shorts over a year ago and my son is still using them every night and they work really well!

The baby sleeps in a pair of knitted longies that were once a much larger size and went through the washer and dryer...

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 06:18 AM   #6
lovemyzoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Next week I will be in the states, maybe I will look for a sweater in a 2nd hand store and try it out.
I think if she goes for it, I can try some xlarge due to her small size, looking at most of the wool I can find with sizing seems xlarge will fit her.