Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2008, 10:44 PM   #1
yummymummy07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Please help...I really need some support!

Hi mamas! I'm feeling so frustrated and defeated with trying to lose my pregnancy weight that I'm about to give up and just be fat forever! Between 2 babies, anti-depressants (which I've been off of for 7 months), and the bleepin' Depo shots (which I just stopped) I'm 53 lbs overweight! My son is going to be a year old next Friday and thanks to the Depo, I've only been able to lose 13 lbs since he was born!

I eat really well and have been exercising in increasing amounts since January. For the past month, I've been exercising 30-45 minutes 4-6 times a week. Despite my healthy diet and lots of exercise, I've only lost 2 lbs since January!

It's driving me crazy and making me depressed that I work so hard for nothing! I feel like just giving up because all of my hard work isn't doing any good. Any other mamas been in a similar situation and unable to lose weight, no matter how hard you try? What finally helped you? I guess I just really need some .

Advertisement

yummymummy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:46 PM   #2
Katiebear
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Please help...I really need some support!

Hi mama... I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I can't say that my experience has been anything like yours, but I just wanted to give you some hugs.

Last edited by Katiebear; 06-13-2008 at 10:46 PM. Reason: fix smilies
Katiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:31 AM   #3
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Hang in there. I would say that your body is going through sort of a detox from the depo. If things don't change, I would have your thyroid tested. In saying that, my has been tested and I'm on meds, and it is taking me forever to lose the weight. Hugs to you! Hang in there!
Old 06-14-2008, 09:25 PM   #4
StacyW
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Please have your Thyroid tested....Pregnancy can put it very out of whack....
StacyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 11:52 PM   #5
yummymummy07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was thinking about having my thyroid tested. I don't know if it's genetic, but my grandma takes medication for hers. Guess I'll call and make an appointment this week. I really hope they can help! I'm so tired of struggling with this!

Old 06-16-2008, 10:13 AM   #6
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

Let us know about the thyroid. Are you drinking plenty of water?

mama. I know weight loss can be all
Old 06-16-2008, 01:21 PM   #7
yummymummy07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We live in Arizona, so yes, I drink lots of water. It's so darn hot it would be impossible not to! I've got an appointment with my doctor for Wendesday. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the kind words mamas!

Old 06-16-2008, 01:54 PM   #8
anniefogg
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good luck mama!
Old 06-16-2008, 03:24 PM   #9
drabekgirl
Registered Users

I also can't manage to lose any weight. My thyroid has been checked and rechecked and other than some really old thryroid tests that my doctor won't run its been run. I have kept food intake and work-out journals. I can't see anything wrong with my diet and all my doctor will say is add weight lifting. We can't afford to go on WW or get a gym membership so i guess its sticking around. I'm 5'5" and weigh in at 170, but my belly is only 31.5 inches around.

I can sympathize with you, but I have lost only 30 of 50pounds of the pregnancy weight from my 2nd pg and 30 of 50 from the first (I found out I was pg with #2 6 mo after the first son).

Heather
drabekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:45 PM   #10
yummymummy07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drabekgirl View Post
I also can't manage to lose any weight. My thyroid has been checked and rechecked and other than some really old thryroid tests that my doctor won't run its been run. I have kept food intake and work-out journals. I can't see anything wrong with my diet and all my doctor will say is add weight lifting. We can't afford to go on WW or get a gym membership so i guess its sticking around. I'm 5'5" and weigh in at 170, but my belly is only 31.5 inches around.

I can sympathize with you, but I have lost only 30 of 50pounds of the pregnancy weight from my 2nd pg and 30 of 50 from the first (I found out I was pg with #2 6 mo after the first son).

Heather
You must be so frustrated too! How old is your youngest now?

I'm 5'4" and right now I weigh 183! Before my children, I was only 130 at the most. I went from a size 6 or 8 to a size 16!!! I see pictures of myself now and I just want to cry because that blob doesn't look like me. We want more children in the future, but I'll be on bedrest and gain a ton of weight again, so no more kids until I can manage to lose all, or at least most, of this extra weight.

I had to reschedule my appointment to next Wednesday instead of this one because DH has to go to work early and we only have one vehicle. ARGH!

Last edited by yummymummy07; 06-16-2008 at 08:48 PM.