Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2006, 11:18 AM   #11
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does it get harder...

Are you kidding me?! lol

I wish miranda was still a baby for many reasons.. 1 she was so little a cute and cuddily.. 2, she wasn't into everything in the world, she wasn't Talking back, she wasn't Not listening.... the list goes on. lol

However this time is nice too, because she can tell me what she wants or needs. She can entertain herself for some time (more so when elmo is on. lol)

There's likes out of both stages.. But this stage is more challenging for me atleast.

Advertisement

jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:11 PM   #12
fostermomcchr
Registered Users
seller

hmmm, I think I prefer the worries of a newborn over the worries of a teen w/a driver's liscense!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I have a great kid, but you can't control their every move, all you can do is trust that they will do what is right when the time comes, but I just remember how things were when I was growing up and kids have it sooooooooooo much worse than when I was growing up.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:15 PM   #13
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

I much prefer toddlerhood (well, it was easy until the babies were born). I like the walking/talking stuff better than when he was 6 months old or anything.
I think it depends on your personality and your child's personality.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:42 AM   #14
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

This is one of my big struggles lately. DD is turning 1yo and is into everything. It does take a lot more energy on my part since I need to let her do her exploring and learning and redirect.

I miss that newborn stage and Iím sad knowing Iíll never have it again.

And then, I feel guilty b/c I know there are tons of mothers out there who dream of having my struggles. I have a healthy normal baby and its just so wrong of me to whine that Iím not ready for her to walk yet etc.

I think a big part of it is what age groups do you prefer- if you are in a room of 20 kids of all ages, which age would you gravitate to first? I prefer the infants. Dh prefers toddlers and older kids so it all balances out.

*hugs*
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:47 AM   #15
Newtocloth2006
Registered Users

It's hard to say if it's harder. I'd say that it's a different form of harder. I think with each stage, it's difficult for a while until you get into the new swing of things.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:08 AM   #16
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

With toddlers there is more running around- but it is a lot more fun!
Old 09-28-2006, 11:49 AM   #17
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

for me, yes it is harder.

my kids are quite active and they make messes and don't listen and don't help and I have to pick everything up.

babies just kind of lay there and look sweet and don't talk back to you.
Blackbirdlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:27 PM   #18
MrsBreeder
Registered Users

My Mood:

I wouldn't say harder, but different. I have a two year old (27 months) and an 8 month old.

The good: My daughter can entertain herself now. WOOHOO. She likes to do things like play with Playdough and she'll entertain herself by watching a video. She's riding around on a little car right now, something she would have never done as a baby. She feeds herself. She likes to "help."

But, you know, she's two. She has tantrums. She has one heck of a personality.

I know what it is like to want to keep them little...but you get so many rewards from them getting older. To me, the independence she is showing is a lifesaver.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:22 PM   #19
TKDMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
i think it's just different.

It just keeps changing, and you keep having to change and adjust to keep up! Some things are harder, some things are easier....the best part (and the saddest!) is watching them grow and learn. I look at my 4 1/2 year old some days and I think, "she's so OLD!" I have this sense that in what's going to seem like a minute I'm going to blink and she'll be 20. Then I have to tell for for the 3016th time NOT to pick up her sister, and I feel like, "Am I going to be doing this forever?"
Old 09-28-2006, 06:57 PM   #20
Gloria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like the toddler and older kid stage because they can entertain theirselves, communicate their needs better and they SLEEP. Also, my kids are HUGE helpers so they pick up and vacuum, etc. That is SOOO nice especially coming from 2 boys!!

However, when Brett was a baby I would have much rather kept him at home with me and send Brock with DH to the store or wherever. It's the mental stuff that gets to me!! The questions and songs that never end etc. I find I need a mental break a lot more as my kids get older
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote