Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2008, 01:57 PM   #1
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wanna good laugh?

Dh and I have a babysitter coming over tonight t watch the girls. It's the first time we have had a babysitter since we moved here last Aug. We have had family watch the girls, but only a few times and I have decided it is time for me to brave it out.

Dh and I were talking about whether we leave Anna with Ella and Lily or take her with us. I said before we start talking too much, we had better try a bottle first. So we did. Dh sat down to give it to her and she looked at the bottle and then looked up at him. The look on her face seemed to read this: "WTH is that and what do you expect me to do with it?"

He tried and tried and tried. She just kept chewing on the nipple.

So, to dinner she comes with us!

We are going to try to get a movie in also and my idea is to come home after dinner, nurse Anna and hopefully put her down. Hmmmmm, we'll see.

Advertisement

Old 06-14-2008, 03:13 PM   #2
kidpsych2be
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wanna good laugh?

Gianna was given a bottle at around 6 weeks so I could go to school. This was last summer for about 6 weeks. Then she didn't have a bottle again for months and months. One night while I was in school my husband tried to offer Gia, around 8 months old at the time) a bottle...and she made the same face. He even took a picture on his phone and sent it to me!

Hilarious.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:59 PM   #3
reesesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My LO does it to DH once and a while - but then once she realizes something comes out - she drinks it.

I have an issue that she drinks it so fast that she wants way more than what she drinks on the Breast!!! I still have her on a 1 (no idea when i am suppose to change it) but she is used a session taking a bit longer. She will wait for me :-)

Working Mama, trying to stay on cloth FT
reesesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #4
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

She did end up taking it, but was pretty much laughing the whole time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesesmom View Post
My LO does it to DH once and a while - but then once she realizes something comes out - she drinks it.

I have an issue that she drinks it so fast that she wants way more than what she drinks on the Breast!!! I still have her on a 1 (no idea when i am suppose to change it) but she is used a session taking a bit longer. She will wait for me :-)
All bf babies should be on stage 1 nipples until a year b/c they automatically drink bottles much faster than nursing b/c the milk just drips out along w/ mik coming out when sucking. That is why bf babies always seem to be "gulping" a bottle down. They can't control the flow like they can at the breast and they usually get to much too fast.

You might want to try slowing it down by burping often, every oz or 2.