Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-09-2006, 01:44 AM   #1
stopka7224
Registered Users
seller

LOUD 2 yd old!

I have an extremely LOUD 2yr old. He is absolutely driving me nuts! It's just been recently. Everytime I try to put DD down for a nap he follows me and wants to talk at the top of his lungs. Or he likes to jump upstairs because it make alot of noise. And he shouts at everything. To make it worse... I bought him a megaphone What was I thinking?!?! He talks non stop and I really try not to lose my temper. But, it's getting hard. I repeat over and over please be quiet, use our quiet voice, sissy is sleeping... Is he trying to get attention, or does he enjoy hearing himself? I don't think its a hearing issue. He seems to hear me fine.. it's the listening that he has trouble with! What should I do?!?!

Advertisement

Old 05-09-2006, 07:34 AM   #2
4boys4me
Registered Users

Re: LOUD 2 yd old!

Well, when you figure it out tell me! LOL.. Seriously,lol.. I think that it is the age. I have a 2 and 4yr. old that scream non stop. I am at my wits end with them. Time out does nothing for them. They sit, be good, get up, say they are sorry and go right back at it and sit in time out again. It is a vicious cycle,lol.. I have no clue and sorry i am not help at all,lol..
Old 05-09-2006, 09:15 AM   #3
2sweetboys
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a 2 1/2 year old that is also quite loud! My parents bought him a guitar w/ microphone for Christmas.....DH takes it away all the time. I don't so much mind the noise as long as no one is sleeping and they are being good. The boys do however, like to take turns screaming at each other to see who is louder.....this I do not allow. This is the way I look at it, Aedan is only 2 1/2 and he knows better most of the time, but lacks the self-control to not do it....so he's not just trying to irritate the crap out of me, he just can't help it. And Harley is only 9 1/2 months so he's just learning 'no'.

Hang in there....maybe the weather will allow some outside play soon....I think a lot of it has to do with cabin fever here. I'm so sick of being cooped up in the house and I'm just ready to take my little 'cubs' outside to play!

to you!
Old 05-09-2006, 09:51 AM   #4
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

It must be the age My 27mo ds is the same way....precisely when I need him to be quiet, he's or as loud as he can be! Always, ALWAYS wakes the baby

His latest thing is to sneak in the bedroom (they share) when I'm occupied ( & ) and the baby is sleeping.....anyway..he sneaks in there to talk to the baby or get in bed with him (to steal the paci I think!!).
Old 05-09-2006, 10:05 AM   #5
stephdpn
Registered Users
seller

Oh yeah, it is the age...they realize they can talk and get your attention and they NEVER SHUT UP!! In the car is the worst for us, our DD (who is 4) will interrupt and talk and yell and sing and on and on and on until you feel like your head will explode...
Old 05-09-2006, 10:15 AM   #6
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

In my quest to stop spanking, I've had to do the "Listen to me, Kain!" to get his attention and explain why whatever he was doing was not the best thing to do...so, he's all the time, "Mommy!! Whisten me!" and then tells me....that the bird is on the house or that ds2 is playing with a toy..LOL....as frustrating as it is at times...i think it's hilarious. And ds1 narrates EVERYTHING. Driving in the car he talks about everything we pass or at home he tells me everything that everyone is doing...
Old 05-09-2006, 10:17 AM   #7
allycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's so cute!!
Old 05-09-2006, 10:25 AM   #8
allycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sydney,
I've had a bunch of loud 2 and 3 year olds. I think a lot of it has to do with attention. I've been trying to have set positive time for my kiddos to have special time with me. My kids act up when they don't have enough attention from me or if I'm lecturing them all day about what NOT to do. If my kids are tired they act louder too.

Another big thing that I've noticed is that we as a family are louder, so our kids are louder. So I guess they learned by example . Also, I think they pick up from us when we tell them to be quiet in a loud voice or discipline them in a loud voice that they should be loud too. I try to tone my voice down, so they will mimic my quieter voice.

I think it can be a stage too!!

Alsion