Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2006, 09:17 PM   #1
MamaJo
Go sell crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
UPGRADE! DS will soon be closed for a few days. Date TBA

Just a heads up I will be upgrading the forum software soon. I haven't set a date yet, but I expect it to be next week (possibly the week after).

I will give 2-3 days notice before closing the board. During this time, I urge everyone to make notes on paper or save it to a word file with emails and addresses they need to complete transactions (downloading all of your PMs to your computer is also a good idea!). The upgrade could take several days itself (very time intensive). I will post at least once a day with an update if not more often. The chat room link will be made available as well.

When I give the 2-3 day warning for closing the board, it will be posted here in the announcement forum as well as sent via email.

Advertisement

Taking a break to focus on God & family

Last edited by MamaJo; 09-15-2006 at 09:18 PM.
MamaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:59 AM   #2
MamaJo
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: UPGRADE! DS will soon be closed for a few days. Date TBA

DS will be offline Wednesday 9/27. I have spent the last week working on a test forum to make sure everything goes smoothly and to redo our custom look to fit with the new forum features.

Again, I urge everyone to download their PMs. When viewing the main page of your PM inbox, scroll down to the very bottom (where you normally choose to delete/move/etc pms) - just below you will see the following text....

Download all Private Messages as :
XML | CSV | Text

The options most useful to DS members are CSV and Text. CSV will open in programs such as Excel and stay nicely organized. Text will open up in programs such as notepad (which is on just about every computer, if not, you will have something similar).

Be sure that once you download your PMs that you are able to open it up in a program to be sure the download isn't corrupt or incomplete (if it is, you would just need to redownload most likely).

If you have any trouble, just post in the "Ask the Pros" forum and either a mod or more experienced member of DS will be happy to help.

DS may be offline for several days - we're hoping for just a few hours but you just never know. A link to a chat room will be made available.

If you have any questions, just post in "Ask the Pros" and we'll answer as soon as we can.

Old 09-25-2006, 06:44 PM   #3
MamaJo
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: UPGRADE! DS will soon be closed for a few days. Date TBA

Just for clarification, the all of the current data will be in place, the upgrade just involves uploading some new files and making changes to the database.

The reason I encourage everyone to download PMs is so that they have all the info they need to complete transactions while the board is offline