Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2008, 11:52 AM   #1
Nola
Registered Users

help?

Hi! I am new here. I had heard about this forum but never checked it out. Its great there is a breastfeeding support thread here. I have been using the La Leche League forums but its nice to know this is here, too. Does anyone else here use the LLL forums? Anyone know how to help me figure it out, they changed the forums and I can't post there anymore, I've spent a lot of time trying to figure it out, etc. but it won't work. I am glad this is here though too for if I have a question! I hope its not wrong to ask about how in the world to get this other forum working, too.

Advertisement

Nola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 01:46 PM   #2
cm.thomas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: help?

I was just overthere and figured it out so I think I can help! On the top righthand corner it says get your LLLID here. You have to make up a new id. Under alias, you can put your old alias there if you'd like. When you try to access the forums it will ask you for your username and password. This is your alias and your password. You can skip this part if you'd like and it will automatically use your new LLLID too. Hope that helped a bit...
ISO:BSRB TIANs
cm.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:10 PM   #3
wanting3more
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If we created an ID and an alias after the first time they "fixed" it, but before they re-opened again, do we have to make a new user ID? Does anyone know?
wanting3more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:45 PM   #4
cm.thomas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know if you have to, but I did just because it was easy and I wouldn't have known how to get use my old one.
ISO:BSRB TIANs
cm.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:07 PM   #5
Nola
Registered Users

Unhappy Re: help?

I am still so confused. I've been using those boards for over 2 years and never had an issue. I wonder why they changed it? I wonder how many other moms that have been there a long time can't figure it out? I even got my DH to look at it. We've literally spent hours trying to figure it out. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

This is what I have been doing: I created a new LLL ID or whatever they call it. In the top left corner I typed that in. With the @llli* at the front of it. Then I get to the page where it asks for my password. It either then tells me in this blue box "nola, you do not have permission to access this page....etc" OR I first get to type in my password, and THEN it takes me to that page. If I click "logout" or "home" I get the same page, repeated again and again. The only way to try again to sign out is to hit the back button on the browser and repeat the same thing over again with the same message. I can see the board, but not all the threads, and I can't post at all. I tried reading lots of the help info...the only thing is that maybe this alias thing is messing me up? I don't know. Any ideas would be appreciated. I can't figure out where it asks you to put in an alias though. Maybe its after where I get that "you do not have permission" page.

let me know if you've got any ideas. I am so frustrated. I am considering emailing LLL and asking how to do this. I've never had this much trouble with any online thing in my life. Its sad, since I wonder how many others are also experiencing this frustration. They said they were making it easier to use! Did you know they were planning this? One day I just tried to log on and got an "under construction" notice. Fine. Then it went on and on. Then they changed links and my DH finally found it for me. The old link still says its under construction. Now this.

HELP! please.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:12 AM   #6
wanting3more
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think I have given up on it completely. It is sad.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:12 PM   #7
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanting3more View Post
I think I have given up on it completely. It is sad.
never give up.

Nola EMAIL THEM!!!!! Tell them the trouble you're having ASAP. THey need to know that women are having trouble.

There's even a place (IIRC) that you can ask question w/o being logged in (I THINK)
Old 06-16-2008, 06:28 PM   #8
wanting3more
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonphishers View Post
never give up.

Nola EMAIL THEM!!!!! Tell them the trouble you're having ASAP. THey need to know that women are having trouble.

There's even a place (IIRC) that you can ask question w/o being logged in (I THINK)
Do you go over there? Have you figured out how to log in? If so, can you tell them that we are having this much trouble? I really hate the "new" board.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:58 PM   #9
Nola
Registered Users

I will email them as soon as I can. I want to think properly to do it, and do it nicely but well. If that makes sense. I am so sad though. I don't have a local LLL group, or any friends IRL who BF very long, nor are there many in my community (I met one, once, who BF into toddlerhood). So I really have relied on those boards for over 2 years. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:33 PM   #10
Nola
Registered Users

Okay, so I took the time now to email them afterall. I'll let you know when I hear back. I found it hard even to find a contact email to email people at LLL. I hope this is resolved soon.