Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2006, 11:41 AM   #1
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yet another question about boy parts...

I went to change DS today and the had to pink-ish spots on his penis (near the opening). I put some neosporin on it and then the next dipe change it was worse and blistering up. And TMI, but the blister looks like it has pus in it. Could this be yeast? I'm terrified of going to the Dr. because A. I'm TERRIFIED that someone will try retracting him and B. That we'll have circ'ing pushed on us. (I honestly have no idea where our pedi stands with that kid of stuff.)

Anyway, I'm just really getting agitated because he's never had ANY problems before we were using CDs. I don't want to go back to sposies though.

Advertisement

urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:24 PM   #2
aschrimp
Registered Users

Re: Yet another question about boy parts...

If it is yeast, the neosporin will make it worse. I'd try just some regular rash cream and maybe let him go diaperless for a little while. DS gets rashy occasionally with really ouchy looking bumps that always seem to clear right up with a touch of rash cream and some air.
Does your ds seem bothered by the rash/sore? My ds almost never does, no matter how ouchy I think it looks. He may have just had some really concentrated pee that irritated things.
When my ds is nursing less than usual, sometimes I put a little dab of rash cream on the end of his penis before bed to prevent this.

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:29 PM   #3
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschrimp
If it is yeast, the neosporin will make it worse. I'd try just some regular rash cream and maybe let him go diaperless for a little while. DS gets rashy occasionally with really ouchy looking bumps that always seem to clear right up with a touch of rash cream and some air.
Does your ds seem bothered by the rash/sore? My ds almost never does, no matter how ouchy I think it looks. He may have just had some really concentrated pee that irritated things.
When my ds is nursing less than usual, sometimes I put a little dab of rash cream on the end of his penis before bed to prevent this.
Ack! I didn't know that. The reason I used neosporin is because it worked really well when he had a bacterial infection.
But no, he doesn't seem to care at all... it just looks really bad to me.
I'll do that though... its just hard to let that side get air because he can only crawl. I guess I'll just make him sit up and play for a while. Thanks.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:38 PM   #4
GrandIsp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There must be something going around! We've got the same problem AGAIN!

I'm now stripping all the dipes again, and am going to sun them a bunch. I think someone said it could be concentrated urine. We've had to resort to sposies because I'm lathering on so much aquaphor. It seems to help, though. Do you have any aquaphor around?
Old 09-28-2006, 10:38 PM   #5
singlemomto3
Registered Users
seller

it might be impetigo, that needs some special cream. tell the doctor to look not touch, it worked for my friend,
singlemomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:44 PM   #6
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlemomto3 View Post
it might be impetigo, that needs some special cream. tell the doctor to look not touch, it worked for my friend,
Yup, that's what my mom thought too because he had it about 3 or 4 months ago, but on his mouth.

Anyway, we figured out what it is... its a yeast infection. But I do have good news! DH took DS to the pedi and I made sure he would make sure they wouldn't retract him or anything and our pedi told him "oh, don't worry about it, I didn't circ my son either". How lucky is that???
Old 09-28-2006, 10:51 PM   #7
MamaJo
Go sell crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by urchin_grey View Post
Yup, that's what my mom thought too because he had it about 3 or 4 months ago, but on his mouth.

Anyway, we figured out what it is... its a yeast infection. But I do have good news! DH took DS to the pedi and I made sure he would make sure they wouldn't retract him or anything and our pedi told him "oh, don't worry about it, I didn't circ my son either". How lucky is that???
Oh, thats good to hear about your pedi!

I was thinking it was yeast too.....

Taking a break to focus on God & family

MamaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 08:11 PM   #8
babiesabove
Registered Users
seller

GSE is an incredible fix for yeast. Put it in your dipe wash and the bath tub. wipe solution too.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:14 PM   #9
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I was worried about that my with DS, but thankfully took him anyway (he ended up having group b strep in his foreskin!) and the ped was great about it. I had to get mouthy with the nurse who tried to retract, but other than that, it was fine. lol Glad it's just a yeast infection, though!
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 09:12 PM   #10
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babiesabove View Post
GSE is an incredible fix for yeast. Put it in your dipe wash and the bath tub. wipe solution too.
GSE? Is that grapefruit seed extract?

Quote:
Yeah, I was worried about that my with DS, but thankfully took him anyway (he ended up having group b strep in his foreskin!) and the ped was great about it. I had to get mouthy with the nurse who tried to retract, but other than that, it was fine. lol Glad it's just a yeast infection, though!
Yikes!
I like how you said that though.... "mouthy".